The "islamophobia" narrative & the Left's double standard

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't care. I don't believe in tolerating intolerance.

So you're intolerant. Should you be tolerated? :roll:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

The media etc's aim is to make people hate Muslims, as they are our 'enemy'. Though the policies of "rubbing the right's nose in diversity" and "rendering their argument's out of date" are a deliberate ploy, some of these 'leftists' actually support these policies and believe in them :lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

Thanks for the video, Boo.

This is what I have been thinking for a long time.

What I find particularly hideous is how Muslim freethinkers are betrayed by the political establishment, both left and right. There are lots of people on the left who term people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali "extremists", yet she has never called for the killing of anyone. Much like the "militant atheists" who are apparently "militant" because they loudly disagree with religious people.

I think this is a fairly simple question. You defend the person being threatened with murder, never mind religion. All religions die of old age anyway, the trouble is that they survive much longer than people.

And the term "Islamophobia" is absurd. Are we no longer allowed to criticise ideas? That is the end of Western civilisation right there.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

so because he's intolerant of intolerance(lol?), he must be intolerant of everything else? uh ok. that's some silly logic you're employing.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm

This is a big problem with the mainstream left.

They erroneously believe that tolerance is a virtue. It isn't. Why be tolerant of a hateful ideology?

In many Muslim countries I would be executed, jailed, or murdered with impunity just for being gay. Why should I be tolerant of them or their backwards beliefs?

Islam is disgusting.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:43 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

They erroneously believe that tolerance is a virtue. It isn't. Why be tolerant of a hateful ideology?

In many Muslim countries I would be executed, jailed, or murdered with impunity just for being gay. Why should I be tolerant of them or their backwards beliefs?

Islam is disgusting.
unlimited tolerance is like communism, sounds good on paper but it's far murkier in practice, and not everyone on the left believes in unlimited tolerance fyi(tumblr not being counted here).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance <- more info

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:33 am

Fugu wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.
unlimited tolerance is like communism, sounds good on paper but it's far murkier in practice, and not everyone on the left believes in unlimited tolerance fyi(tumblr not being counted here).

Would you agree that the mainstream left is over tolerant. I say that as a Liberal myself.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Fugu wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

Would you agree that the mainstream left is over tolerant. I say that as a Liberal myself.

I said it wasn't in my post you're quoting...

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

Fugu wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

so because he's intolerant of intolerance(lol?), he must be intolerant of everything else? uh ok. that's some silly logic you're employing.

His idea of 'intolerance' is views he disagrees with. You realise that tolerating something, isn't meant to be something pleasant? Hence why you need 'tolerance' to see past it? Maybe you should look up the word tolerance.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Fugu wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

His idea of 'intolerance' is views he disagrees with. You realise that tolerating something, isn't meant to be something pleasant? Hence why you need 'tolerance' to see past it? Maybe you should look up the word tolerance.
now you're just putting words in KK's mouth, as he didn't say that at all :roll:.
additionally i think you're conflating being accepting [of someone else's views and culture] with being tolerant. the first implies that you're ok with _, the latter doesn't.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

Fugu wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Fugu wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

I said it wasn't in my post you're quoting...

Sorry

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Apr 2017, 11:46 am

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 1:41 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

Christianity is disgusting too, by the same logic.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2017, 2:33 pm

Tollorin wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

Did you see Jesus throw gays of buildings?

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 5:13 pm

Yo El wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

Jesus probably didn't do that, but Christians burned Cathars, labeled blacks as having no souls, burned peoples accused of witchcraft, justified wars against non-believers and various other vile things. Of course not all Christians did that, and many were even opposed to such acts, but the same could be said of Muslims. If you don't know about the bad things made in the name of nearly all religions through history, it would be about time you learn about history.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2017, 2:24 am

Tollorin wrote:
Yo El wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Islam is disgusting.

Jesus probably didn't do that, but Christians burned Cathars, labeled blacks as having no souls, burned peoples accused of witchcraft, justified wars against non-believers and various other vile things. Of course not all Christians did that, and many were even opposed to such acts, but the same could be said of Muslims. If you don't know about the bad things made in the name of nearly all religions through history, it would be about time you learn about history.
I don't think labeling blacks without souls was for religious reasons but political reasons so they could enslave black people. Which makes the Christian faith have no influence on that act, rather they had to actually bypass Scripture that's why they said blacks have no soul. Doing these things you said Christians do are very un-Christlike behaviour. And this behaviour isn't approved of by Jesus Christ, Son of God. The very one Christians claim to follow. Ofcourse you could also use this in defense of Islam but key difference between Christianity and Islam is that Muhammed and his god approves of all the actions commited by terrorist group IS and not only that but even encourages people to do these things, by promising a reward for those who die in battle in the name of their god.

And Jesus also set up an example in the way he lived. For Christians to follow, Jesus is what the perfect Christian would look like. And Jesus didn't throw gays of buildings so a perfect Christian also wouldn't throw gays of buildings. Not saying that Christians can't do bad stuff, believe me they can.