Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DaneClark
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2017, 3:18 pm

My sister is about to have a baby and I'm very excited to be an uncle. I really want to be there to watch him grow up as much as I can, I just need some advice on something - I know that it's not good to be spreading germs around newborn babies, bit I'm one of those people who has a tendency to do things without thinking like scratching at my scabs, and sometimes I forget to wash my hands after using the bathroom. Does anyone have any advice about this kind of thing, or am I worrying about nothing?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of uncledom.

You might want to put reminders on your device the day you visit your sister. The remainder stays on all day. Tape notes to your hand. When you finish washing replace the note.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DaneClark
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

Maybe, but I work a job where I'm not allowed to have my device on me for most if the day. And there's still the whole scratching scabs without thinking thing, which is something I've been doing since I was in 3rd or 4th grade