Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:52 pm

beneficii wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:
He said this (from the OP article):

Quote:
White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday, “The only way to get truly universal care is to throw people in jail if they don’t have it."

This is consistent with the title of this thread.

It's incomplete and taken out of context.

I think his statement is a perfect example.

Yes, his statement is a perfect example of fair-mindedness, when you see or hear the whole statement in context. Thank you for agreeing with me. I think his statement is a perfect example too. Coincidence? :wink:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:
White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday, “The only way to get truly universal care is to throw people in jail if they don’t have it."

Yes, his statement is a perfect example of fair-mindedness, when you see or hear the whole statement in context. Thank you for agreeing with me. I think his statement is a perfect example too. Coincidence? :wink:

We're going to have to agree to disagree.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:

Sure, it's consistent with the title of this thread----but it's misleading, because that's not ALL that he said. The part that you conveniently left-off, directly above the quote you just posted, is the rest of his statement: "We are not going to do that".

You might think it's important because you buy what he says, but I don't. We all know Trump and his administration aren't going to go to universal health care. We don't need to have it restated.

He is showing his screwed-up thinking and the screwed-up thinking of the rest of the administration about what implementing universal health care would actually entail. Just ask Canadians or Europeans or Japanese about what their health care system is like. Trust me, they generally do not consider it a burden or an imposition.

he's talking about forcing people to buy private insurance

There are other ways of achieving universal health care other than forcing people to buy private insurance. His statement was inaccurate.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

beneficii wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Quote:

We're going to have to agree.

Sounds good to me. :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 6:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
Anyways, Mulvaney isn't proposing incarcerating people who don't buy health care, he's saying the only way to get universal coverage would be under the penalty of the law for not having it which is what they don't want to do.

Which is actually an argument for having single-payer system. Too bad that's not what Mulvaney wants. He wants people who aren't wealthy enough to simply be priced out of healthcare.