Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mud_22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

Hi, I am 19 years old and I have been on therapy for almost 2 years now. I haven't been actually diagnosed with asperger or autism, but 2 psychologist have said that is very likely that I have asperger. Though one psychiatrist told me that I might be schizoid. The point is that everyone agrees that I have depression (that's actually why I started going to therapy) and that I should take meds. However, I refused several times but now I am considering it because I don't feel any advance in my therapy and lately I been feeling worse (I guess that's it because the semester just started). Also I been thinking into dropping therapy, but I don't know if that's it just because now I see everything blurred and because I feel frustated for not having an actual diagnose (though I don't know how that could help).
So I wanted to ask for opinions and maybe get to know your experiences to help make a decision.
Thanks.
(Sorry for my english, it isn't my first language :P )

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:46 pm

Taking meds shouldn't be taken lightly. Individual people react individually to individual meds.

You're going to University, I gather. What you are majoring in?

Do you have any "special interests?"

What is it that's making you sad?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

Depends on what meds they give you, keep yourself informed about their side effects and how the drug works. I take medication now, I don't know how much it actually helps me at this point but I don't feel it hurts and the side effects are tolerable or I wouldn't be taking them otherwise.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 10:54 pm

Flat out no.
Also... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277931/

mud_22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2017, 11:36 pm

I'm majoring in chemical engineering.
And I guess that what it's making me sad it's that I don't feel conected with anyone so that makes me really lonely. I can't really enjoy things, anything it's pleasant or interesting to me right now. Everything has lost it's meaning.(I have been having on and off depressions since I'm like 12).
What do you mean with "special interests"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:33 am

Special interest: What really makes you very happy

mud_22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

lately, nothing

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

Do you like chemical engineering?

I know school is a grind---but once you get your degree, you're on a path to be secure financially.