Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

I feel really frustrated here. Previously, I went to the best university in my country but I drop out because I wasn't happy there so I decided to came to a smaller university in the countryside so I could afford to live alone and have a calmer life here and everything... but everything here is so messy and provincial and I can't do any extra activity because there's like a group of people who takes everything, and it seems that everything is very social-life based instead of academic merits.

I feel I destroyed my life coming to this place.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm

You don't need to go and physically attend a university in this day and age. You could have just gone on-line and taken FREE on-line courses, even from MIT, and other such educational-systems such as ALISON courses, and there are actual «accredited» degree-programs or certifications that you can receive upon completion of courses. For that matter, you still can, and there are also «community» comments available to course-work on DuoLingo.

ltcvnzl wrote:
I feel really frustrated here. Previously, I went to the best university in my country but I drop out because I wasn't happy there so I decided to came to a smaller university in the countryside so I could afford to live alone and have a calmer life here and everything... but everything here is so messy and provincial and I can't do any extra activity because there's like a group of people who takes everything, and it seems that everything is very social-life based instead of academic merits.

I feel I destroyed my life coming to this place.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

I like to be at university, I just don't like my own. My previous one was hard and I felt everything much impersonal and bureaucratic but seeing the other side, I do prefer that model – at least we didn't rely on social skills for everything. I felt bad there because I was used to be brilliant student and there I was just average, but here I have the 7th highest GPA and I got no personal benefit from it, and I actually doubt that I'm learning stuff at the same level like people from better universities. Yes, I can learn a lot of my own, but I want to have academic experience because I dream about being a professor. I won't be able to became one if I can't do even a research here. :/

I don't pay to be at university also

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

Unfortunately smaller institutions with smaller and sometimes closer-knit communities can be more that way, it's all about networking and contacts, not grades or other achievements. In a larger group where people don't necessarily know or
interact with each other things can actually be easier for an Aspie, IMO.