Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2017, 3:53 pm

I was going over something I wanted to say to someone I'm talking to this week while changing in the bathroom stall, I thought I was whispering.

The other girls were a yard or more away and when I got out one looked at me, I can't tell if because I appeared or if she heard. She had a kind of confused smile on her face, but I've seen it other times.

Is my social career over? Do they think I'm schizophrenic? I know that talking to oneself is normal, but doing it in public is stigmatized.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

People likely will not care too much. Many people do that just not around others. So long as you don't do that most of the time you will come across as fairly normal.

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
People likely will not care too much. Many people do that just not around others. So long as you don't do that most of the time you will come across as fairly normal.

I agree

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

I was unable to edit my last post after a while, but all I wanted to say was there have been times in my working life where the higher-ups have called me on and addressed this very problem. I only got off with a slap on the wrist and a warning not to do it again.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 3:54 am

I pass by lots of people who are talking to themselves when I go walking places. I think it's assumed you'd have some privacy in a bathroom stall so it would be more acceptable to talk to yourself there than while passing people on a sidewalk which is almost more common than people walking by themselves not talking to themselves where I live anyways.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

Especially if you don't see those girls often, I don't see what happened as "harming your social career" in any way.

Even if you do see those girls often.

I do this sometimes. My response to inquiries: at least I don't answer back :wink: