Page 7 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:44 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
But I can understand how a citizen of America, who fought as a soldier for America, might start getting a little annoyed.

Oh, dear----as much as I appreciate this statement, I must say (and I should've qualified my "I did it literally" statement, before) that I did NOT fight as a soldier (as in, on the ground fighting Iraqis, or something). I worked in intelligence----and, what I meant was "I helped to keep my country / our troops, safe"----but, certainly, not directly; I've got NOTHIN' on those guys.

Shahunshah, I can't respond to you, right now, cuz I'm about to fall-asleep, sittin'-up----but, I needed to make that one comment (above), cuz I couldn't let that be hangin' in the air, all night----and I'll get back to you, tomorrow.

Night-night, y'all.....

Yeah good night Campin_Cat

It be interesting to hear what kind of work you did.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:00 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
But I can understand how a citizen of America, who fought as a soldier for America, might start getting a little annoyed.

Oh, dear----as much as I appreciate this statement, I must say (and I should've qualified my "I did it literally" statement, before) that I did NOT fight as a soldier (as in, on the ground fighting Iraqis, or something). I worked in Intelligence----and, what I meant was "I helped to keep my country / our troops, safe"----but, certainly, not directly; I've got NOTHIN' on those guys.

Shahunshah, I can't respond to you, right now, cuz I'm about to fall-asleep, sittin'-up----but, I needed to make that one comment (above), cuz I couldn't let that be hangin' in the air, all night----and I'll get back to you, tomorrow.

Night-night, y'all.....

My fault for not reading closely enough I'm sure. Or maybe I was swayed your avatar lol.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:52 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
She upset with the system America and people's complacency to it, they are both issues people have every right be annoyed about.

Come on now, if I started posting derogatory threads about New Zealand, trashing Bill English right and left and saying how a large number of New Zealanders are idiots et al... I think it might maybe start bothering you just a tad.

Androbot has not called Americans idiots I believe.

Perhaps not, maybe she's just calling our President an idiot, fool, whatever. But there seems to be an implication that whoever voted for and or supports our President, aren't too bright themselves, as in "The issues are the issues, the problem is that Trump is incompetent as a president, and this should have been obvious prior to voting".

Now again, I'm not criticizing. She's perfectly entitled to her opinion. But I can understand how a citizen of America, who fought as a soldier for America, might start getting a little annoyed.

Again, I like America. I wish I could visit as a tourist, but the security at the border is a pain in the ass and I have no patience for that sort of thing. I am specifically targeting Trump, who I believe is a threat to the world. And yes, I am frustrated with those who elected him. I think they should have known better.

I think that it is foolish to support someone who is a poor leader. To do so because one wants to support their country is unwise, better to get rid of the idiot and put someone more appropriate in charge before too much damage is done.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 7:01 am

androbot01 wrote:
Again, I like America. I wish I could visit as a tourist, but the security at the border is a pain in the ass and I have no patience for that sort of thing. I am specifically targeting Trump, who I believe is a threat to the world. And yes, I am frustrated with those who elected him. I think they should have known better.

I think that it is foolish to support someone who is a poor leader. To do so because one wants to support their country is unwise, better to get rid of the idiot and put someone more appropriate in charge before too much damage is done.

What damage would that be?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:49 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

What damage would that be?

Trump is unable to express himself adequately. He has created a question about the truth and meaning of words. Fortunately he is being called on it by both the press and the branches of government. I am not sure if it is because he can't translate his thoughts to vocalization or if he has no thoughts. I tend to think the latter. In his recent Time magazine interview regarding truth, many of his answers called into question his understanding of the concept.

Time: Can President Trump Handle the Truth?

Trump has the character of an abuser of low character. When his health care bill failed he took no responsibility, blaming the democrats. Well, duh, of course the democrats are against it. He strongly coerced republicans to vote for it knowing it was against their conscience. Then when it failed he walked away from it, saying it's going to explode and it'll serve you right. The irony being that this is the best thing under the circumstances that could have happened to Obamacare. Not to mention the people who would have lost their health care coverage.

There's the numerous international incidents and escalation in tensions regarding American/Russian relations.

There's the conflict of interest between his business and executive interests; leaving him open to bribery and coercion.

There's all the people effected by the Muslim travel ban, before it was halted. The problems created for them by that incident have not gone away.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:56 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Show me a quote that backs up what you are saying. She upset with the system America and people's complacency to it, they are both issues people have every right be annoyed about.

Sure, people have a right to be annoyed, anytime / as-much-as they want----but, I don't think I'll ever understand someone in another country getting sooooo upset at something WE'RE doing; I certainly don't have room on my plate, for investing such emotion in what I consider nonsense.

For starters, I think the quote that Ezra posted, is a good one----and she, like I said, has put-down VP Pence, Director Flynn, Secretary Devos; has posted an article that said, basically, that Mitch McConnell had made an unwise choice; posted another article talking about when Elizabeth Warren was silenced (seemingly saying that America was, once again, doing something stupid); has had a Kellyanne Conway avatar (whom she has said she likes, but she posted that avatar when everybody was making fun of Kellyanne) and a Speaker Ryan avatar (again, she put this up, when everybody was making fun of him; so, I feel it's quite understandable that someone could construe her actions as her making fun of him, as well).

Now, any ONE of those things are not really offensive----but, when I consider how often she has said / posted things like this, and when I take them as a collective, it comes-across, to ME, as her putting-down an entire country, because she's put-down so many IN it.

I feel that the fact that Mr. Trump got elected to the presidency proves your "people's complacency", incorrect.

Bottom Line: I have interpreted her words / actions differently than YOU have----and, that doesn't make either of us right, or wrong; just different----and, I for one, am leaving this part of the conversation, here.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 9:41 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
...has had a Kellyanne Conway avatar (whom she has said she likes, but she posted that avatar when everybody was making fun of Kellyanne) and a Speaker Ryan avatar (again, she put this up, when everybody was making fun of him; so, I feel it's quite understandable that someone could construe her actions as her making fun of him, as well).

You forgot about when I had Prime Minister Abe:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Yeah well Trump has done many things. I don't get what you are saying. She hasn't criticized the people themselves, if anything maybe they should be criticized a bit more, they supported a candidate in spite of some real flaws, particularly in the primary, in the general election it is more justified.

IMO, no non-American should ever "criticize a bit more" anything we do----cuz, like I've said, many times now, they don't live here, and they haven't walked a mile, in our shoes (BTW, I don't feel an American should ever criticize another country / its people, either, for the same reason).

I don't get how you think, sometimes----cuz, just a few pages back, you said something about that maybe people were being too harsh, or something, because 700,000 jobs had been lost (and, IIRC, you mentioned the Rust-Belt), and now you seem to be saying that people aren't being harsh enough. ???

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 9:58 am

I'd talk more about Canadian politics, but it's not really that interesting; which I think is a good thing. "May you live in interesting times" and all that.

Trudeau is preparing to legalize weed for recreational use this summer. I look forward to that. And then there's the Keystone Pipeline, which actually worked out well for us with Trump.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

Shahunshah wrote:
It be interesting to hear what kind of work you did.

My work was in computers----I started-out as a keypunch operator, then computer operations, then engineer; and then, finally, I was was the Director of Training. (I did some other stuff, in-between, like media maintenance, and software----but, that's the gist of it.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

EzraS wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Oh, dear----as much as I appreciate this statement, I must say (and I should've qualified my "I did it literally" statement, before) that I did NOT fight as a soldier (as in, on the ground fighting Iraqis, or something). I worked in Intelligence----and, what I meant was "I helped to keep my country / our troops, safe"----but, certainly, not directly; I've got NOTHIN' on those guys.

My fault for not reading closely enough I'm sure. Or maybe I was swayed your avatar lol.

No-no----like I said, I should've qualified my original statement.

LOL about my avatar!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

I bet you'd get less than a five-minute delay at the border crossing nearest Kingston.

Ever been to Alexandria Bay? There's a restaurant there which has docks for boaters in case they want to stop to get a bite.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Ever been to Alexandria Bay? There's a restaurant there which has docks for boaters in case they want to stop to get a bite.

I haven't, but I have taken one of those tour boats around the Thousand Islands. It's very lovely.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 3:42 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Yeah well Trump has done many things. I don't get what you are saying. She hasn't criticized the people themselves, if anything maybe they should be criticized a bit more, they supported a candidate in spite of some real flaws, particularly in the primary, in the general election it is more justified.

IMO, no non-American should ever "criticize a bit more" anything we do----cuz, like I've said, many times now, they don't live here, and they haven't walked a mile, in our shoes (BTW, I don't feel an American should ever criticize another country / its people, either, for the same reason).

I don't get how you think, sometimes----cuz, just a few pages back, you said something about that maybe people were being too harsh, or something, because 700,000 jobs had been lost (and, IIRC, you mentioned the Rust-Belt), and now you seem to be saying that people aren't being harsh enough. ???
I think it is fair to criticize them since they did an action that was to a large level wrong and ignorant. In the Primaries they chose a candidate who showed a disregard for human life and doesn't value facts over a candidate that was experienced and competent.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 3:43 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I'd talk more about Canadian politics, but it's not really that interesting; which I think is a good thing. "May you live in interesting times" and all that.

Trudeau is preparing to legalize weed for recreational use this summer. I look forward to that. And then there's the Keystone Pipeline, which actually worked out well for us with Trump.
lol why you looking forward to that?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:42 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

I think it is fair to criticize them since they did an action that was to a large level wrong and ignorant. In the Primaries they chose a candidate who showed a disregard for human life and doesn't value facts over a candidate that was experienced and competent.

But, why is it anybody's business, but our OWN?