Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

Autisticbebop wrote:
I have some things that I'm wondering if other autistic people experience:

-Do you enjoy making lists? (much like I'm doing right now)
-Do you find it difficult to sleep when you haven't completed your plans for that day?
-Do you scream really really loud when you have meltdowns?
-Do you have meltdowns over very small things that don't seem to be that important to others? ( for example I threw away my bread the other day because it wasn't in perfect triangles.)
-Does your skin ever hurt for no reason? like a very light sunburn all over?

sorry Idk how to end this. so uhhhhhhh bye

Lists for fun? Sometimes. Have hobbies that involve making data bases on computers. Have a high tolerence for data entry as a task if its about something that interests me (like music). So I guess that counts.

I wish I was like that about sleep.Am very good at procrastinating.

Cant recall ever having a meltdown.

No. Nothing like that skin thing.

Priola
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm

-Do you enjoy making lists? (much like I'm doing right now) -- No, only if it is work related.

-Do you find it difficult to sleep when you haven't completed your plans for that day? -- No, I fall asleep just fine from the stress of tasks I couldn't do which I would have otherwise wished were complete for that day.

-Do you scream really really loud when you have meltdowns? - Try not to. Scream but with no sound coming out if in public.

-Do you have meltdowns over very small things that don't seem to be that important to others? ( for example I threw away my bread the other day because it wasn't in perfect triangles.) - Not meltdowns but I am OCD about such things. but no meltdowns. I don't know how I feel when things that are in my control don't go the way I want them to. I think about it until I forget it. Would I toss the toast away no - I would be wasting too much money then.

-Does your skin ever hurt for no reason? like a very light sunburn all over? I know what you mean and yes I have that. Don't know if its something everyone (mean NTs and non-NTs) feels.

Queeringcal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2017, 8:01 pm

Y-Y-Y-Y-N
I make lists when I can't sleep after a meltdown over a small thing luckily my skin doesn't hurt for no apparent reason. :)
One thing I've learned is that the meltdown builds up over time like a storm front. In the book 600 Hours of Edward lists are like his coping mechanism (a way to control things).

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm

I'm sorry to ask this. But what does meltdown mean again? Is it when I throw fits and argue to get my way?

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2017, 4:34 pm

Corny wrote:
I'm sorry to ask this. But what does meltdown mean again? Is it when I throw fits and argue to get my way?

I guess it could look like that. But it's more of a crying/screaming/raging experience that results from releasing all accumulated internalized stress in one event. It can also look like "shutting down" when you withdraw and get overwhelmed by anger or hurt. Sometimes being in an over-stimulating environment, or the stress of interacting with others can trigger it.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

I guess it could look like that. But it's more of a crying/screaming/raging experience that results from releasing all accumulated internalized stress in one event. It can also look like "shutting down" when you withdraw and get overwhelmed by anger or hurt. Sometimes being in an over-stimulating environment, or the stress of interacting with others can trigger it.

Yeah that is what happens I get mad, start crying, screaming, and raging. But I've always been told when I get mad and throw a fit. It's not because of my autism. Just me.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 6:29 am

Autisticbebop wrote:
-Do you enjoy making lists? (much like I'm doing right now)
Yes
Autisticbebop wrote:
-Do you find it difficult to sleep when you haven't completed your plans for that day?
Yes
Autisticbebop wrote:
-Do you scream really really loud when you have meltdowns?
I don't have meltdowns. Not since childhood.
Autisticbebop wrote:
-Do you have meltdowns over very small things that don't seem to be that important to others? ( for example I threw away my bread the other day because it wasn't in perfect triangles.)
No, I just worry about small things. I think and worry when I'm supposed to be concentrating on my work
Autisticbebop wrote:
-Does your skin ever hurt for no reason? like a very light sunburn all over?
No but I get really itchy a lot.