Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kadak1Supreme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2017, 3:06 am

I have always felt different and odd compared to other people,and when I look back on some incidents in my life,I am beginning to wonder whether I have autism.
1.I don't like family gatherings and I tend to just hide in my room or sit in a chair and try to feel invisible to what's going on.

2.I struggle to keep eye contact,and when I do look at a person's face its only for a few seconds as I find it very taxing.

3.I hate crowds and and being in groups of people.At school,I cant even go to the reading room which I dislike because it has lots of people in it and its a very small room. I only go there when there when it only has a few people in it.

4.I struggle to talk to those of the opposite sex.I remember a few years back,this girl liked me.It was the first time ever any girl really paid attention to me,and I felt so uncomfortable I ran away from her :oops: .

Another she approached me and she said Hi,I said Hi and I pretty much just repeated hi.
All the guys around me laughed :( .
Now at the present,I'm talking to this girl I like who seems to be interested in the same things I am,and I have improved my talk quite a bit,but I struggle to hold conversation and small talk .

5.I remember once I got into this fight at school and I got so angry so many people at school tried to hold me down but I just continued and it wasn't until someone held me down I calmed down.I shook the person hand afterwards,but in my moment of rage I seem to lose control.I wonder whether this is autistic rage ?

6.I sometimes ask inappropriate questions in class,such as on sex and I have asked people questions only later I realised were inappropriate such as when I asked a girl have you ever fi***d yourself ?

7.I have huge and changing interests.When I was young,I was obsessed with the military and serial killers.In my teenage years I was obsessed with quantum physics and now its medical science.

8.I don't like hugs,especially from my parents or from friends.I also don't like to eat some friends simply from the smell or look.
9.I'm very disorganized,and I struggle to focus.

10.I sometimes watch the same thing many times,when I listen to a song i relate it to the most random things like bryson tiller been that way with GH Hardy.
11.I sometimes flap my hands and I have realised this might be stimming.
12.I hate loud noises,especially fireworks !

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2017, 12:05 pm

You seem to have many symptoms. If you want to know for sure then get checked out.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm

Sounds like you are autistic to me from what you describe. Your post would make a strong case of autism to an autism assesor. I suggest you specifically seek out an autism assessment from someone experienced on the topic. If you just find any ordinary Jo blow psychiatrist or doctor, there is a good chance that all but the most obvious cases of autism will be overlooked.

Psychologytoday's website directory is a good place to start or any local autism agency.

pretentious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2017, 5:15 am

ok 1, who doesn't?
2. Who doesn't?
3. Not everyone is an extrovert
4. I little akward, but everyone has those stories
6. yeah a little weird
7. That's me 100% lol and I think I'm probably autistic. But I'm pretty sure everyone changes their interests over time
11. Yeah probably a good case for it.

I'm completely talking out of my ass but just want to give a second opinion that most people are weirdos, don't judge yourself too harshly