Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:26 am

Raleigh wrote:
Showers give me a creepy, unpleasant feeling like ants crawling over my body.
I've tried different showerheads, etc.
I usually just rub down with a flannel and have a bath every month or so.
I wash my hair by dunking my head in a bucket.
Fun times.

Oh :( Rubbing down with a flannel sounds like a cool idea though. Will smell better than baby wipes too :D
When I was living with my family they had a shower head for like a year that I could actually like. It was from a distributor and was never able to find the same one once it got broken. We also had a huge and beautifully designed bathroom that time so I felt comfortable in it. Sadly it was the only time that I could take showers without a problem.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wish there something I can do, so I can take a shower more. I did fall down in my tub.

I feel you deeply. I hope it didn't hurt too much...

Sweetleaf wrote:
I had worse pimples as a teen now they are certainly less frequent but still show up from time to time. As for dreads falling out they probably didn't take care of their roots too well...if those get too weak then the weight of them could certainly cause them to fall out. I will probably trim some of the length off mine if they start seeming too heavy.

And how does taking good care of the roots work? I've never though of the heaviness. Does it feel heavier than the regular hair? It kinda doesn't make sense if it does.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

NorthWind wrote:
Um, that doesn't sound like a list distinguishing male from female aspies but like a list distinguishing female aspies from female NTs. Some of the traits listed will be typical for female aspies, whereas others simply are typical for aspies.
Many male aspies also don't shower as often as most male NTs and spend less time on their appearance.
But these lists exists because many female aspies won't recognize themselves in a description of a typically male version of aspergers. Yet, they also mightn't be able to see the similarity between themselves and a list exclusively of traits typical for female aspies but not for male aspies.

Exactly it's not a list that distinguishes between male and female aspies. She however includes a summary that focuses on the difference between male and female aspies too.

Last edited by komamanga on 26 Mar 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:44 pm

I hate showering and always put it off as much as possible. I don't like the feeling of the water hitting my bare skin either. I have really long hair though, so sometimes, I can wash it in the kitchen sink to prevent it from getting too greasy and smelling bad. Then, I just will use body wash on a washcloth and rinse it off with sink water to clean my skin.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2017, 3:23 pm

I shower everyday. I would never go a day without showering. I like to feel clean and refreshed. I certainly don't wash my hair every day but I always wash the rest of my body on a daily basis.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm

komamanga wrote:

I feel you deeply. I hope it didn't hurt too.

My butt was sore, but I survived.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 9:44 pm

I wish there was a easier way to wash your body. My mom sometimes put water on a washcloth & put baby powder on. When I was in the hospital, nurses use a bottle that clean your body if patients can't use a shower or bath.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

last time i had a shower was probably last year, probably in summer because it was so hot i had to cool down in the shower, i don't find myself in need to have a shower, not like i have any friends or places to go.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 6:33 am

i shower once everyday and wash my hair every second day.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm

I haven't taken a shower in over a week, I wash myself today, I had water in my sink, my washcloth & body wash, didn't turn out good. I got water on the floor, it was hard getting body wash off me & I ended up standing up, I wanted to sit on my toilet.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 9:08 pm

That must be really tough. I know its not uncommon to find people on the spectrum who are sensitive to showers.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 5:07 am

Scorpius14 wrote:
last time i had a shower was probably last year, probably in summer because it was so hot i had to cool down in the shower, i don't find myself in need to have a shower, not like i have any friends or places to go.

Extreme :( And being dirty doesn't make you feel bad about yourself?
I start to feel bad after 2 weeks lol.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I haven't taken a shower in over a week, I wash myself today, I had water in my sink, my washcloth & body wash, didn't turn out good. I got water on the floor, it was hard getting body wash off me & I ended up standing up, I wanted to sit on my toilet.

Reminds me, when I was a kid we lived in a really old house with my grandma where there was neither a shower nor a bath (nor hot water). We used to boil water in huge pots on stove and mix it with cold water in buckets and wash ourselves with it. The bathroom was just a small room with a tap (without sink), an aluminum bucket and a plastic stool to sit. And a hole on the floor to get rid of the water. Although it was too much work to do I don't remember having problems with that water if it had a good temperature. (Although I still hated the transition between wet and dry) And because it was much work to do I didn't need to wash myself more often than a week haha. Sad that in modern bathrooms this method doesn't work at all.

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
That must be really tough. I know its not uncommon to find people on the spectrum who are sensitive to showers.

It's really great to hear you're not alone in your struggles.
And actually I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't be that tough if showering often wasn't a social norm. But then again it might cause us not to shower for even a longer time haha.

conanthewarrior
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2017, 6:24 am

Now, this is something I didn't expect, but I can associate with.

When I shower, I can not put my head under the shower-I hate the feeling of water on my face. To wash my hair and face, I must do it in the sink, and not at the same time. I hate the sensation of water on my face, and lots of people in the past found it strange that I didn't wash my hair or face in the shower, but at different times.