Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:17 pm

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:12 am

Funny how celebs die in groups. And sometimes in oddly juxtopposed groups.

First noticed that back in the Eighties when Lord Olivier (the actor with a thousand faces) passed away about the same time as did Mel Blanc (the man of a thousand cartoon voices).

And now Chuck BarRIS kicks the bucket at about the same time as his did his near namesake Chuck BerRY. Back in the 60's and 70's you always had to listen until the speaker reached the last syllable of either of their names before you knew which of the two the person was talking about.

Both Barris and Berry were great innovators in their respective fields. Barris introduced sexual naughtiness to game shows (like the dating game, and the Newlywed game), and gave us the percursor to America's Got Talent, and American Idol" "The Gong Show". Not exactly stuff that would get your face put on Mount Rushmore, but still he was innovator. Lol!

Didnt know that he wrote the song "Palisades Park" until I saw that above film clip.

He also claimed to have been a spy. A few years ago his life and career were the subject of a major motion picture: "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" starring George Clooney, and Julia Roberts.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

Palisades Park was right on the other side of the Hudson River, in New Jersey right off the George Washington Bridge.

The big British Invasion groups used to play for free there.