Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

Do people here want to cut their own hair if they get toooo mad or it's just me that want cut my hair?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Mar 2017, 10:23 pm

I HATED getting my hair cut as a kid & one time I had such a meltdown when my mom took me to a haircut place that mom brought me home without getting it cut & was extremely p!ssed with me. I got mad & decided I'd cut it myself so she'd be happy with me. It looked horrible & I was so embarrassed that I hid in my closet & the doorknob broke so the door had to be taken off it's hinges to get me out & my head had to be shaved. The experience was so traumatic that I never wanted to cut my hair sense & I quit fighting as much when I get my hair cut.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Astralis
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2017, 3:56 am

I used to cut my own hair, because I hate going to a hairdresser due to sensory issues. Nowadays I just try to endure it, because my self-cut hair looked so stupid. :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 9:26 am

No way would I even attempt to cut my own hair! I go to the hairdresser once a month with a friend. That's so much better in so many ways-and a lot of fun, too.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

Not when I get mad, but I usually I get so frustrated half way through a haircut… Even if they are doing a great job. So, I usually just buzz it myself. But I don’t really like that hairstyle. I try and force myself to go to a barber for an high tight; barbers are typically fast with little talk in my experience.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

I haven't wanted to cut my hair before out of anger, but I do cut it myself often enough. I don't really like having other people touch my hair, so I do what I can on my own. That said, a few months ago I did get myself a haircut that makes me have to get help from others... so I kinda screwed myself on this one. Heh. But I do like the haircut, so I'll do my best to deal.

I have known people to get mad and cut off their hair. An ex girlfriend of mine would get enraged with life now and then and shave all of her hair off. Also, as I young person, I remember my mother freaking out when her father passes away and she just walked out of the room and chopped off all her hair. 8O

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

dossa wrote:
I have known people to get mad and cut off their hair. An ex girlfriend of mine would get enraged with life now and then and shave all of her hair off. Also, as I young person, I remember my mother freaking out when her father passes away and she just walked out of the room and chopped off all her hair. 8O
Britney Spears did something like that too & was bragging about it on an interview

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 4:56 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Do people here want to cut their own hair if they get toooo mad or it's just me that want cut my hair?

Wow, I do. And I've cut my hair out of frustration/anger so many times since I was a kid.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

I hate my hair, I have very thick curly wavy hair & it's long, I keep getting hair in my mouth. I used to cut my bangs all the time, it turned out good. I cut my hair once when I was very angry, it was so bad, I cut my hair years later, I did a better job. Do you need special scissor to cut your hair? I need to go to the hair salon, I have some white in my hair, I don't know if I want to color it.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:21 pm

I used to do it, now I'm trying to control it because I want my hair to grow. I used to even cut my hair in inappropriate places (like in school or public transport) if I was feeling nervous and had a scissors available. I wouldn't cut all of it, but just small parts (which lead me to have a very irregular haircut that most people just assumed I had intentionally because I was edgy).

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

I cut my own hair, habitually make a mess of my box fringe, but I try. Spontaneity led me to my current hairstyle as it's grown back after a mad moment with a pair of scissors. I've found YouTube a good place to go for styling tips.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 6:55 pm

I once cut bits off the front of my hair because I don't like having a fringe, especially not in summer. I also took the scissors to my troll doll circa 2001. I admit it looked quite good :)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm

I cut my hair, it looks good. Cutting my hair save me money :D :heart:

Sonnenblumen13
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2017, 7:25 am

I actually really like going to the hairdresser because the products smell nice, they play music I like, and my hairdresser is nice. Also i like the way it feels, it's like a head massage to me. I wouldn't trust myself to cut my own hair, as I'm very self conscious about my appearance. I wouldn't even trust myself to give myself a buzz cut cause I know I'd miss places lol.