Breitbart News Insane Conspiracy Theory

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:02 am

Donald Trump's primary source of news and the paper previously run by Trump's chief strategist has come up with one of the most insane news stories of the year so far

In an effort to appeal to climate deniers Breitbart is claiming that coral bleaching in the tropical barrier reef in Australia is a conspiracy theory.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... eak-denial

The reason it's insane is that every primary school child knows that man made carbon emissions result in acidification of the world's oceans leading to coral bleaching.

So stupid and clearly blatant propaganda. How can the president of the US not only believe this stuff but use it justify his policies?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 7:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
Donald Trump's primary source of news and the paper previously run by Trump's chief strategist has come up with one of the most insane news stories of the year so far

In an effort to appeal to climate deniers Breitbart is claiming that coral bleaching in the tropical barrier reef in Australia is a conspiracy theory.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... eak-denial

The reason it's insane is that every primary school child knows that man made carbon emissions result in acidification of the world's oceans leading to coral bleaching.

So stupid and clearly blatant propaganda. How can the president of the US not only believe this stuff but use it justify his policies?

When did Trump say his primary source of news is Breitbart? And just because Steve Bannon used to run Breitbart, doesn't mean everything said by someone at Breitbart can be attributed to him. Or Trump for that matter.

And I'm kinda wondering what the results would be if a bunch of primary school kids were asked out of the blue what they knew about man made carbon emissions resulting in acidification of the world's oceans leading to coral bleaching.

There's quite a large amount of people who don't hold the same views of climate change as the liberal-left.

I myself have questions about it. Like I remember how much of a big deal they were making about the low water level of Lake Mead near Las Vegas, Nevada where I used to live. Then I saw a picture of it taken back in the early 50's and it looked about the same low level then. Then in the early 80's the water level was so high and they had to open up the Hoover Dam flood gates. Which is an indication to me that maybe these things happen in cycles. The man in the video says tracking coral bleaching only goes back to the 50's. And that seems to be the case with a lot of this kind of stuff. "This is the worst whatever wherever in the last 30 years they've been keeping track of it.

And as usual with the liberal-left, if you don't go along with them that means there is something wrong with you. You either have a mental deficiency or have some pathological phobia. It basically works like the old primary school tradition of claiming someone has cooties. And hell, no one wants to be labeled as having cooties, so they better get with the program.

Current Lake Mead (the white part on the rocks shows where the water line usually is):

Lake Mead in 1955 where the water level looks exactly as low then as now (and I bet back then they weren't screaming OMG CLIMATE CHANGE!):

Now no one going on about the water current low water level ever mentioned it was like that back in the 50's as well, like that fact needed to be left out. They just kept talking about how insanely high it was back in the 80's. So idk exactly what to think about these things.

Lake Mead 1983 (those are the same towers as in the pictures above):

The flood gates releasing the overflow:

Wild differences in changes huh?

This is a dang good report - I'm giving myself an A+ 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:20 am

It doesn't matter if the "liberal-left" or the "conservative-right" espouses CO2-induced climate change. I still feel that this, in part, accounts for the fact that most years since 2000 has featured record warm average temperatures globally.

Yes, normal climactic variation could account for this as well. But not the intensity of the climate changes over relatively few years.

All this has zero to do with politics. Even if Trump espoused climate change, I would still espouse it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

I think it's possible that the Earth goes through cycles. Even the Bible talks about long periods of drought. If the Irish potato famine happened today, they would be blaming climate change.

Now things like electric cars replacing combustion engines are fine and should be expected for the 21st century. But I think the man-made climate change panic is certainly questionable in some ways.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

EzraS wrote:
I think it's possible that the Earth goes through cycles. Even the Bible talks about long periods of drought. If the Irish potato famine happened today, they would be blaming climate change..

I think the bible doesn't quite stack up to hard climate data
Over the last 150 yrs
as CO2 goes up so to does air temperature
as dissolved CO2 goes up so to does water temeprature
as industrial emissions goes up so to does CO2 in the air and water

The link is so strong that only paid/bribed people in the pro-coal/petroleum lobby

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I think it's possible that the Earth goes through cycles. Even the Bible talks about long periods of drought. If the Irish potato famine happened today, they would be blaming climate change..

I think the bible doesn't quite stack up to hard climate data
Over the last 150 yrs
as CO2 goes up so to does air temperature
as dissolved CO2 goes up so to does water temeprature
as industrial emissions goes up so to does CO2 in the air and water.

But perhaps not as dramatically as some claim. And perhaps not every heatwave or drought is only a result of CO2. While I am well aware that the Bible doesn't qualify as hard climate data, it along with other old and ancient writings I'm sure, mention things like droughts that lasted years, that had nothing to do with CO2.

cyberdad wrote:
The link is so strong that only paid/bribed people in the pro-coal/petroleum lobby

Only what, are the only ones who challenge how bad global warming is supposed to be due to CO2?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
But perhaps not as dramatically as some claim. And perhaps not every heatwave or drought is only a result of CO2. While I am well aware that the Bible doesn't qualify as hard climate data, it along with other old and ancient writings I'm sure, mention things like droughts that lasted years, that had nothing to do with CO2.

The regression models created using industrial activity/emissions and climate data (collected by relevant bureaus or agencies over the last 150 yrs) are very accurate. The strength of pattern is what climate scientists are worried about which is why based on current output we are basically "screwed" within 50-100 yrs from now.

EzraS wrote:
Only what, are the only ones who challenge how bad global warming is supposed to be due to CO2?

It's curious that the handful of scientists and those in the media willing to debate the data have their "noses in the pig trough" kindly provided those with money to be made by fossil fuels

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:54 pm

This is an interesting video by a meteorologist with 60 years experience who founded The Weather Channel. Now I'm not out to debunk Global Warming / Climate Change, but at this point in my life I'm wondering about potential flaws.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

Ever notice how the Breitbart staff who deny climate change also are Holocaust deniers? Ideology is more real to them than reality.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ever notice how the Breitbart staff who deny climate change also are Holocaust deniers? Ideology is more real to them than reality.

Except for you and cyberdad talking about it all the time, I wouldn't even know Breitbart exists. It never gets mentioned or surfaces anywhere I go on the internet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 7:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Except for you and cyberdad talking about it all the time, I wouldn't even know Breitbart exists. It never gets mentioned or surfaces anywhere I go on the internet.

Well, Trump certainly knows what Breitbart is, as he hangs on their every word, and has hired their former editor who had opened Breitbart to Alt Right white nationalists.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, Trump certainly knows what Breitbart is, as he hangs on their every word, and has hired their former editor who had opened Breitbart to Alt Right white nationalists.

How do you know he hangs on their every word?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

On a number of of occasions he's acted on reports from Breitbart, not to mention making the former editor the second most powerful man in the whithouse

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 10:08 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What cyberdad said.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

On a number of of occasions he's acted on reports from Breitbart, not to mention making the former editor the second most powerful man in the whithouse

What occasions, what reports?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:22 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

They love Breibart News. They also love Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Alex Jones. They are the source of the anger, hatred, and discontent that fuels them. I sometimes think they would die without it the same way people die of malnutrition.