Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

I'm wondering if anyone here participates in NaNoWriMo for November, or Camp NaNo for April or July?

For November, you sign up to write 50,000 words for a novel. For Camp in April and July, you set your word count to whatever you want but it has to be at least 10,000 words.

I've known about it for years but I only started participating a few years ago. It's a nice challenge if you enjoy creative writing.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

I've wanted to try NaNoWriMo for a while, but November seems to be a month where lots of time-consuming things go wrong with my life. I've completed the music equivalent, February Album Writing Month, a few times.

I hadn't heard of Camp NaNo before, and that sounds like an easier way to get started. Thanks for telling us about it!

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm

Quote:
I've completed the music equivalent, February Album Writing Month, a few times.

I've never heard of that. I would love to try it. Thank you for mentioning it. :D I've only written a couple of impromptu piano compositions so maybe next February I'll write a whole album.

They also have Script Frenzy (script writing), which used to be a stand-alone event but has now been folded into the rest of NaNo. I never tried it but it always seemed amazing.