Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:17 pm

I think I may "upgrade" my state-of-the-art Dell desktop PC to a cheap very basic laptop. I'm thinking my range is ~$200. I'm only thinking of regular internet use. You can do more tasks on the internet now anyway, so why don't I take advantage of it? I'm not talking about getting a Chromebook, I want a value Windows computer.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2017, 3:55 pm

Well I'm running a ten year old netbook with windows 7 and a raspberry pi running linux, apart from a few jitters and a few micro seconds slower theres not really any problems. Also this is all I can afford but I can do everything I need to do so it suits me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:18 pm

Well then you are likely going to need to spend more than $200 dollars, if you want a new good value computer. Perhaps you could find something used for closer to that otherwise it would pretty much be chromebooks or a different brands equivalent to that in that price range.

I got my current laptop an Acer from a deal I found on ebay, after I had been looking for like a week...but that was still more like $425. Or one other option might be if you can get Best buy credit or something then you can do payments till you pay it off...but I couldn't get approved for that.

Also is the 'state of the art' sarcastic? Otherwise not entirely sure getting the cheapest laptop you can find is really an upgrade from your current P.C unless its like so old it doesn't work right with the internet or something.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I think I may "upgrade" my state-of-the-art Dell desktop PC to a cheap very basic laptop. I'm thinking my range is ~$200. I'm only thinking of regular internet use. You can do more tasks on the internet now anyway, so why don't I take advantage of it? I'm not talking about getting a Chromebook, I want a value Windows computer.

The HP Stream is very popular. Several configurations are available in the $200-300 range.

There Are Four Lights!