is it bad to let your laundry pile up?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

My laundry piles up on the laundry room floor in the basement in a pile until I have enough to do a full load of either dark or light clothes. The laundry room floor could hold several months worth of clothes though I usually do a load of laundry once a week. I have enough clothes that I don't worry about running out.

My parents do their own laundry which also piles up in seperate piles. I have no problem doing my own laundry on my own time as I don't want my clothes to smell of fabric softner which my parents use on their clothes which I can't stand the smell of. Doing laundry more often is just a waste of money and effort.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

No, it is not a bad thing to let your laundry pile up.

Just do your laundry whenever your hamper is full of dirty clothes whenever it is convenient for you.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 5:54 pm

Noca wrote:
Doing laundry more often is just a waste of money and effort.

You're still going to do the same amount of laundry no matter how much you let it pile up. It would just mean you are doing a bunch of loads all in one day. You are still using water for each load and soap for each load. You still would have used that much on separate days if you only had one load to do one Monday let's say and then you had another load on Friday so doing both loads on Sunday, you are still using the same amount of water and electricity and laundry soap.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
No, it is not a bad thing to let your laundry pile up.

Just do your laundry whenever your hamper is full of dirty clothes whenever it is convenient for you.

This.

If you have 14 pairs of underpants, and 14 pairs of Tees, then you have a two weeks supply of "whites", and dont need to wash them but once every two weeks.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 6:28 pm

If you don't run out of clean clothes I don't see the issue...however it is certainly a waste of electricity/water to only wash a few things at once, best to do a full load when you do, do laundry.

Also where do you keep your unwashed clothes? Are they all over the floor if so you could get a clothes hamper and keep the stuff you haven't washed and don't need to wash yet in there so they don't cause clutter and there is no 'pile' for your parents to see unless they look in there.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 6:35 pm

I don't really separate lights and darks but most of my clothes are black or other darkish colors, my boyfriends clothes are all black so I suppose that does make it a bit simpler.

The only white things I have are a couple pairs of underwear and socks, but not like people can see those when I wear them so I just throw in in with the rest of it. I generally do not like white clothes so I never have enough to do a whole load of them.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 10:29 pm

In the summer, I hand wash my clothes.

FeardyBase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2017, 11:42 pm

It's only bad if it becomes a trip or health hazard, or else you run out of clean, or buy new stuff instead of doing it.. otherwise, what's the big deal?

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2017, 7:07 am

If the clothes have a lot of water, say a wet swimsuit or washcloth, don't leavibg it lying around too long, because it will grow bacteria and start to smell.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 9:12 am

It's really bad to let anything pile up. I agree with the poster who talked about the underwear. It's crucial not to let yourself run out of clean underwear.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 9:59 am

Q: Is it bad to let your laundry pile up?
A: No, it is less of a tripping hazard that way than if spread evenly across floor.
:wink: :lol:
But, seriously, folks, my physical health is a mess, I live alone, and this apartment does not have hook ups for a washer and dryer, so sometimes it does pile up before the next time I can get out to the laundromat.
Depending on the season and weather I have about 2 weeks worth of clothes.

Does anyone know a shrink for cats, the one has a serious fetish for dirty undershorts.
And as an added bonus at no extra charge, https://youtu.be/bVieyEmkfbE