is it bad to let your laundry pile up?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2017, 2:24 am

i've never to been fast enough to do my laundry. i make sure i have like pants, shirts, items i wear everyday, but the things like sheets, socks, towels, i let pile up and wash them when i need a full load.

my parents are always on my case that i let it pile up. my mom's afraid that i won't keep on top of it and it won't ever get done.

i do it eventually, but it seems like i don't do it fast enough according to my parents.

how bad does it have to get before it's consider out of control?

it does it done, but sometimes it takes longer because i don't need things to get washed as soon as possible.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:26 am

As long as you never run out of clean clothes, it isn't bad.

Now, dirty laundry has a tendency to get a bit smelly, so i would not let it pile in a spot where you also live, but if you got a separate room where the laundry machine also is, there is no problem as-is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:44 am

If it was up to me I'd have at least 30 pairs of socks and underwear, so I only had to launder them once a month.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 7:18 am

I wish I had the convenience of a washing machine in my home. Just try to make yourself stick the stuff in the washer, put the detergent in, and wait 30 minutes. Then stick the clothes in the dryer and wait another 30 minutes.

Make sure you separate the whites from the colored clothes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 7:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

That almost sounds racist hehe.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:25 am

I should have said "multi-hued" lol

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 9:33 am

I do my laundry at least once a week on Saturdays. I can't stand the thought of wearing grubby, smelly clothes.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

If the laundry is overflowing the top of the basket or hamper, or if it is starting to make a musty smell like mold and dirty feet, then it is time to wash it. At my house, that is about once a week.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:58 pm

Only bad if you run outta clean undies - the rest can wait...

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:05 pm

It is not a good choice for me.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

As long as it's all contained within the laundry hamper and not strewn around the home then I don't see any problem.

That's the way my Mum did laundry when i was growing up. Every day things got washed regularly and the other things got thrown in the make up a load. That's why I started doing my own washing when I lived at home. I'd put a top in the wash, she would deem it a once in a while top and not as important as school uniform and I'd not see it again for a month.

I've bought 2 laundry baskets. One for dark things and one for light things. Makes it easier to sort for the washing machine.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:36 pm

The more you let pile up, the more work it is to get it all washed.

It's time to do laundry if you have enough to do a load. Enough to wash whites or enough to wash colors. That makes it a lot easier so it's not much work.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:14 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That almost sounds racist hehe.

On the contrary. It's a veritable religious experience!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.sJ09 ... =4&pid=1.7

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

i'm in the process of moving this week. its an extra thing to worry about and more to move so i think if i do a 2-3 loads a day until i move, i should be okay. its just mostly miscellaneous items that sit on the bottom the basket. i just do it in between showings.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

I have my dirty clothes on my bedroom floor, but sooner or later I put them in my laundry hamper, so I can get ready to wash my clothes. I have a questions when you buy new clothes & wash them, it says wash in like colors, does that mean the same colors? And can you wash 2 or 3 different blues together?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

My laundry piles up on the laundry room floor in the basement in a pile until I have enough to do a full load of either dark or light clothes. The laundry room floor could hold several months worth of clothes though I usually do a load of laundry once a week. I have enough clothes that I don't worry about running out.

My parents do their own laundry which also piles up in seperate piles. I have no problem doing my own laundry on my own time as I don't want my clothes to smell of fabric softner which my parents use on their clothes which I can't stand the smell of. Doing laundry more often is just a waste of money and effort.