Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:58 am

I find that of late I am beginning to have a bit of a streak of being quite erratic. Are any of you going through something as well. I find I have a way of behaving in subjects I am interested in which is passionate, unfiltered, energetic and excitable.

This has got me in some minor troubles I can give anecdotal examples. The sociology teacher talked about how the war on drugs was racist and how stuff like weed can expand your brain power. I then asked him if he had smoked some himself. I typically get into impassioned discussions as a result of this. Though I moderate myself massively in one on one conversations

Do any of you have this how has it gone for you?

I feel like more than ever nowadays I am letting my autism show, I don't always think it is great but it beats where I was a year ago.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 6:37 am

Bump.

Also new updates. I told the Principal why I was late so much times. Apparently I said I couldn't be stuffed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 7:12 am

Sounds like you're sabotaging yourself.

What's the use in telling him that?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 9:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sounds like you're sabotaging yourself.

What's the use in telling him that?
Lack of filter. I have increasingly gained less of filter in many occasions. I often sound very energetic, excitable and blunt. Sometimes that has been good in classes sometimes it hasn't/

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

Sometimes you have to pull yourself in a bit.
This isn't about masking your autism, it's about finding the line where you can be the best version of yourself without alienating others or heading down a path of resistance.