Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 4:00 am

I liked the show sense it came out & I still like it. I really don't get why so many older fans have issues with the newer seasons.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LoveStories
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jun 2017, 8:07 am

I loved the first 9 or 10 seasons of The Simpsons, but I didn’t like the ones that came after that and I’ve stopped watching the show a few years ago.

I felt like the later seasons became far too much like Family Guy and I never liked that show. The earlier seasons of The Simpsons were more satirical and the slap stick humor and the jokes were sometimes conveying some interesting themes. But the later seasons felt like nothing but “dumb jokes” without anything else behind it.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2017, 7:15 pm

I wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons growing up so I really didn't start watching the show until I was 11 or 12 years old during season 14 (2002-2003), although it was still iffy whether I was supposed to be watching it or not so I would always have the doors closed and remote control in my hand ready to change the channel to Nickelodeon whenever it sounded like my parents were coming in. It quickly became one of my favorite cartoons for a couple years until I got into Family Guy which replaced it as my favorite, although I did enjoy The Simpsons Movie in 2007. After I started college in 2009, I got back into The Simpsons and became even more obsessed with it than I was when 11 or 12 (although I have to admit, knowing that I was watching something I wasn't supposed to be watching added so much to its appeal back then).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 10:45 pm

Probably the biggest fan there is

Now proficient in ChatGPT!