Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Edit: nevermind

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:44 pm

Hey dude - cool "cat in a hat" avatar!

But I'm a chicken, so I think it's best I run away now. 8)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:38 pm

Nevermind is actually a way of dealing with it, like Aesop's fox who reasoned that the grapes must be sour. People can abstractly decide that they don't coordinate well, without assigning any moral blame.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

eggheadjr wrote:
Hey dude - cool "cat in a hat" avatar!

But I'm a chicken, so I think it's best I run away now. 8)

lol, well I act like a chicken also so no worries there.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Nevermind is actually a way of dealing with it, like Aesop's fox who reasoned that the grapes must be sour. People can abstractly decide that they don't coordinate well, without assigning any moral blame.

That's a good way to put it. I initially typed out a bunch of overthinking but then started cringing at what I wrote. I have trouble with that abstract thinking and tend to take things personally. especially when dealing with rejection by most people.

MadZat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2017, 3:24 pm

Dealing with rejection is tough. I always loved spiderman because nobody likes him either even though he's a hero and saves the day numerous times. Not that I have super abilities of any sort, but looking at spiderman helped me to accept that I will never be loved by many people no matter what I do. I try to concentrate on family and very close friends, and their love and acceptance is all I need.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 3:52 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

diablo wrote:
That's a good way to put it. I initially typed out a bunch of overthinking but then started cringing at what I wrote. I have trouble with that abstract thinking and tend to take things personally. especially when dealing with rejection by most people.

It's a discipline.

Keeping score is considered rude, but also a sanity check, when dealing with manipulative people.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

Here's a great video on the subject of rejection and the infamous "no" that might cheer some of you guys up!