Can I have some advice on what to do from here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:39 pm

At the local bar I attended there was this bouncer who used to always insult me at the door.

Last Saturday he insulted me again and I just lost my temper turned around and smashed him in the face. I fractured his cheekbone but then he hit me back (a lot harder) and him and his security 'friends' jumped on me smacking me down hard on the ground. My face was a bloody mess but has now healed well thanks to the hospital but there was a lot of blood at the time.

I was released from jail earlier today but can I have some advice because I fear for my safety that the bouncer and his friends might come after me and get revenge :(

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 4:56 pm

Tell the police you fear for your safety and let them advise you.
If your conditions of release allow it, could you maybe leave the area for a while?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 5:17 pm

Raleigh wrote:
If your conditions of release allow it, could you maybe leave the area for a while?

my dad said they will hound me and hound me and try to beat me up at any opportunity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:15 am

Jamesy wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

my dad said they will hound me and hound me and try to beat me up at any opportunity.

Tell the cops, anyways.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Tell the cops, anyways.

I have to go to court over this as well :cry:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 10:01 am

Sounds like a normal night out on the town ... in Glasgow.

I respect standing up for yourself. But, now that skirmish is over, be honest with the police, and let them sort out the rest. In the United States, we have a legal doctrine called "fighting words" where the victim of an insult which is so egregious may be exonerated under the doctrine according to the "reasonable person" standard (would a reasonable person react similarly after being insulted in the same way). In other words, insults which are so bad that they provoke immediate responses are actually the responsibility of the individual who expressed the insult, not the victim who reacted to it.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 30 Mar 2017, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

If this is your first offence, they might let you off with a "caution." Or maybe put you in a diversion program, wherein if you don't get in trouble for like 6 months or a year, they'll dismiss the case, and it won't be on your permanent record. I am aware that you are in the UK.

I'm on the fence about whether to tell your lawyer (barrister?) that you are diagnosed with Asperger's--but maybe that's worth a try. But make your barrister assure you that this will not be a matter of public record. If it might become a part of your public record, just act like a "normal" person, and go through the diversion program or whatever.

Your dad is right----you are probably "persona non grata" from that bar, and will use every opportunity to try to exclude you from the place.

My friend: I've always said that bars just aren't the place for you. Please find some other diversion. Otherwise, you'll get in more trouble.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If this is your first offence, they might let you off with a "caution." Or maybe put you in a diversion program, wherein if you don't get in trouble for like 6 months or a year, they'll dismiss the case, and it won't be on your permanent record. I am aware that you are in the UK.

I'm on the fence about whether to tell your lawyer (barrister?) that you are diagnosed with Asperger's--but maybe that's worth a try. But make your barrister assure you that this will not be a matter of public record. If it might become a part of your public record, just act like a "normal" person, and go through the diversion program or whatever.

Your dad is right----you are probably "persona non grata" from that bar, and will use every opportunity to try to exclude you from the place.

My friend: I've always said that bars just aren't the place for you. Please find some other diversion. Otherwise, you'll get in more trouble.

Bouncers are unprofessional aren't they?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

You don't want to mess with them.

They don't care about "professionalism."

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:58 pm

First off don’t go to that bar again and get an attorney… They coming after you is nothing compared to the long-term damage of criminal record.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 6:42 am

SH90 wrote:
First off don’t go to that bar again and get an attorney… They coming after you is nothing compared to the long-term damage of criminal record.

I am sure many bouncers have criminal records too

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 9:23 am

That's not relevant to YOU. YOU don't want a criminal record. Trust me.

Who cares about the bouncers? They have their own problems.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

Jamesy wrote:
SH90 wrote:

I am sure many bouncers have criminal records too

A criminal record for assault will keep YOU from respectful jobs, including housing... Any DECENT and none ghetto club would be hesitate to hire bouncers with assault conviction, potentially liability.