Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SundewsLeagueWeatherOhMy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm

Hi I'm new I just made an account because I am kinda conflicted on my diagnosis. It was a proper diagnosis I am told. Here's some background.

My whole life I've felt out of place with an odd kind of not fitting in creeping feeling. I've had only a few close friends in my life, 5 to be exact. All the other friends I've had were at school and at the end of the day poof I never hung out with them. I'm intensely withdrawn and prefer to be alone. In school things have been weird in middle school I was awkward got in a few fights people picked on me. In high school I had two close friends and almost never hung out outside of school.

My first year at Kansas University the crap hit the fan, I was isolated in my dorm the whole year, no friends or social life GPA slid from 3.3 to a 2.5. I got my diagnosis the following summer and transfered to a college that has a program for autism and have been here for two years. I've had several diagnosis throughout my life; add, anxiety and had GHD (human growth hormone deficiency).

The add diagnosis didnt stick as I was borderline. My mom says that I tend to have narrow interests which my name indicates and says I shutdown in groups of people I don't know well. I've noticed I make friends rarely, don't seek them out, don't seek social interaction, hate groups, and can't small talk at all. Am i in denial, what do yall think?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

What doubts do you have about your diagnosis?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 8:44 pm

And welcome again

SundewsLeagueWeatherOhMy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm

I've looked it up and noticed it's extremely rare to be diagnosed at this age. I just doubt I have it despite evidence to the contrary. I am normal enough to do rotc but not normal enough to make friends

Does my doubt make sense?