Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

Do anyone like them?

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

I do! Sophia and Blanche are my favorites.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 10:02 pm

I always found it interesting that they did not cast the oldest as the mother.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2017, 4:02 pm

Yes, I thought they were really funny. Like when Dorothy, Rose and Blanche sang "Mr. Sandman" to quiet a baby, and went "Boom boom boom boom", and then at the end Sophia is talking to the baby and when he starts to fuss she tells him to be quiet or they might come in and start singing that song again.

And Rose's weird stories about St. Olaf where she was from, where cows were allowed to be elected mayor, or something. :lol:

When I first played Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, I named my first four cows Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia.

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2017, 9:06 am

I love this show much and I can't pick a favorite character because they're all great. You've got cynical smartallic Dorothy, crazy funny old lady Sophia, sweet and niave Rose, and vain but lovable southern bell Blanche. I think the beauty of the show was how the characters always stayed close friends no matter how badly they put each other down for their different personalities.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 7:34 pm

Blanche can be too much, thinking she the most gorgeous woman in the world. Too bad she keep putting people down.

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Blanche can be too much, thinking she the most gorgeous woman in the world. Too bad she keep putting people down.

All four of them constantly put people down. Especially Sophia. XD Blanche obviously isn't as gorgeous as she lets own she is as typically middle-aged in her appearance as Dorothy and Rose are but she attracts men with her charm and her confidence. Some people find confidence to be more sexy than physical beauty.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 3:57 am

My girlfriend watches it sometimes. I like Blanch's sex jokes & Rose's stories but I wouldn't really say I like the show.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

I've been watching clips of the GG on Youtube. There was one of all the snarky answers Dorothy would give when someone asked a silly question (usually Rose, but often another person). And there were other clips where it showed that even though the GG were loyal and true to each other, they could sometimes be just straight-up SAVAGE. :lol:

For example, in one episode Rose was supposed to be putting up decorations but instead spent the past 45 minutes making a cartoon mouse out of balloons. She shows it to Dorothy and says, "Isn't he cute? I call him Scotty." Dorothy then promptly popped him and said, "Now you can call him garbage." 8O :lol:

Another time Dorothy, Rose and Blanche were in jail because they were wrongly arrested for prostitution. Dorothy intimidates another woman by claiming she once spent time in a male prison and it was six months before anyone found out, and then when Sophia shows up she says how shocked she is, but only because the police thought anyone would pay to sleep with them.

Thank you for being a friend. :)