Did SJW's sabotaged Mass Effect Andromeda?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 1:19 pm

Author's note: I'm really proud of this! I did a lot of research on this in order to make this thread more authentic. It almost feels like a journalist's report! :mrgreen:

I've been hearing a lot of news regarding the posibility that Mass Effect Andromeda was sabotaged by extremist, tumblr-dwelling, far left wing, social justice warriors.

It has been made even more controversial when Ethan Ralph (link to his article here: http://theralphretort.com/a-cosplayer ) made claims that cosplayer Allie Rose Marie Leost was working as the lead facial animator at Bioware and, because of her inexperience, the game suffered as a result. He even went as far as to accuse her of whoring her way into the job as well.

Beyond this however, details are rather sketchy as Bioware's GM, Aaryn Flynn, Made the following statement about the controversy surrounding Leost:

Some claim that Ralph's claims are true, and Bioware are just trying to cover their tracks with this statement. Others claim that Leost was falsely accused by Ethan Ralph because of the utter frustration and anger the right wing has towards with the SJW subculture.

Regarless of who has the truth, Leost has faded into obscurity as she has deleted all of her social media accounts because of the barrage of cyberbullying she has received because of this scandal.

However, it does not end here. Many YouTube personalities found Mass Effect Andromeda's release date to be far too suspicious, as the game was, in fact, released on March 21st 2017; the official day for down syndrome. (sources: https://worlddownsyndromeday.org/ and en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda )

(Note that in the world down syndrome website the coundown has reached to zero. They are also various parts that mention that it is indeed on March 21st.)

This suggest that, with or without Allie Rose Marie Leost's influence, Bioware seems to more concerned with advancing left wing propaganda rather than delivering the good product that many Mass Effect fans were paying for in the first place.

-Thomas Jefferson

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm

no... way... the astonishingly honorable company that is electronic arts has published/rushed a reboot to a repetitive sequel of a repetitive sequel to their star-wars/star-trek/gears-of-halo/knights-of-the-old-republic hybrid knockoff “original” that has provided disappointment? there is absolutely no way that could ever happen... not in a thousand years to the power of -2, obviously not at least without some sort of unholy witchcraft and feminine wiles at play in this virtuous, pure, prim and proper neck of the godliest and most honorable and righteous land in the glorious guiding light of civilization that is the west that's known for it's master-craft craftsmanship that can only be rivaled in quality at ten to a hundred times less the cost by greatly revered and acclaimed goods manufacturers of the world like prc.[/sarcasm]

there’s always going to be a scapegoat blamed in attempt to save face when corrupt businesses make the sudden wrong movement and drop a large heaping load upon store isles that’s too much a mess to just up and slip away from unnoticed, so what’s new? seriously, at this point, there is enough a subset of gamers who go off like feral man-babies on some misguided life ruining quest of savage retribution every time a woman associated with the gaming industry opens her mouth on the internet with opinions they don’t agree with. such trend has become frequent and caustic enough, that if there was a box to check on a ballot to outlaw the sale of game titles that are not suitable for children audiences(anything higher than “ec” and “e”), there’d be no qualms against checking the box, and convincing as many open minded individuals known to do so as well.

more people need to learn to cultivate tolerance and civilly allow others to express opinions they don’t agree with, for if such sentiments seem powerfully upsetting, one can rest assured that they are not alone and that there are many others that feel similarly distraught by such claims... those others aren’t going to be swayed adrift their concrete stance, so let such upsetting sentiments speak for, tar and feather themselves. there’s no acceptable or justifiable reason to go off and screw over someone’s irreplaceable life, reputation, or/and mental state into a whirling mess of fear, confusion and shame... it just makes for invalidating all merit of the aggressors’ stance and shames their own faces criminally free of any and all honor.

as far as the link, it’s nothing more than speculative slander... and that gif, yeah, it’s a few hundred miles beyond the stratosphere in tastelessness... bravo. the douche bro’s verdict sounds nothing more than the words of a tactless prick of an infinitesimally small minded and razored-ly edgy richard. seriously, even if she messed up at her job, speculating she had the stated role, any failure would have had nothing to do with her views, just her inability in handling the offered task. in other words, an sjw may have borked her role and potentially effected the outcome of the game, but it'd be incredibly unlikely that an sjw intentionally sabotaged her role and future career prospects in the game development field out of spiteful ideology.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 6:16 pm

What?

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, I don’t really like to be confrontational or start something, and I really don’t know all of the facts, but this sounds like utter BS. The topic of trying to blame a game not doing well on demonised feminists or something to make groups against such people feel good about themselves. You posted that Bioware gave an official statement, so going after that woman seems a bit like speculation rather than official, even if for a time she posted that she was lead facial animator, it is not necessarily true. Accusations of whoring and the like are kind of super sick speculation that is really pretty sexist. And what the f does the date having to coincide with official day of down syndrome have to do with anything, that is f-ing stupid that I see no connection with anything like marketing or the like that would make that an issue beyond just be a coincidence.

I have played some of the game, although being busier than previous entries I have not gotten very far yet, but I can maybe come up with some idea. The game was not finished yet, it is not just some issue with faces, I have already experienced frustration not connected. I got to the planet Eos and started jumping around and in fairly short time I managed to get myself stuck which required loading back, and another time I managed to clip through the ground, falling out of the area and being put back in place as if I fell down a cliff. Both of those things are totally unconnected to the faces, and with problem such as triggering multiple spoken lines that go over each other because I happen to scan something while people are talking, I feel like they did a pretty poor job testing the game, and chances are it was rushed out towards the end. The reason it was probably rushed out would probably be like similar things in the past, that EA pushed it to be, because they have kind of done so before. And I doubt it was because it was some sort of down syndrome date, rather that EA wanted to release the game in this window to take the first quarter of the year where it was kind of slim pickings. BoTW probably has a connection in here of trying to match, or ending up distracting most of the gaming landscape from the new RPG.

You tried to say that it was some “sabotaged by extremist, tumblr-dwelling, far left wing, social justice warriors”, as if they really are some bad guys. But towards the end you kind of go over that she pretty much disappeared, likely due to cyberbullying. Yet that it was reaching to say that the entire debacle was a guy having some plot out of “utter frustration and anger the right wing has towards with the SJW subculture”. How about no? There was no plot, no “SJW” trying to ruin a game by being left, and no guy trying to falsely accuse a female SJW so he can ruin her because he is all so frustrated. At least not purposely, but I think there was some bias involved in that guy breaking the story, and it resonated with a bunch of angry people on the internet who hate everything SJW because they can only feel good about themselves from having some enemy that they can blame everything on.

Yeah, some SJW are wrong, sexist, and bigoted in their own right, because that group too has people can only feel good if they create a group that they can blame everything on. But it looks like the “left” in this situation only proved them right by doing cyber bullying someone out of possibly their career and who know what damage it feels like to have such horrible things said to them, who might have done nothing wrong than fudge their profile to look bigger than they actually are. But in the end some people are blind to that and feel vilified as long as they can still play the victim by saying they did not get the product they payed for, which is even a massive hypocrisy on complaints they have against the other side.

You are probably a perfectly nice person, maybe you will be upset and think I am being unreasonable at being on the other side. But I cannot stand with what your stance is right here. But who knows, maybe I am wrong on any of the points I made, I am willing to accept if I was proven wrong, that this woman manipulated herself into some position with sexual favours that she was unqualified for yet worth quite a lot to a big gaming company. That she was the one who picked the release date for something as random as a day for down syndrome because reasons, and there was not any unfound malice from an online group that caused who can tell level of emotional damage unprovoked.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 6:23 pm

Honestly? Chances are, EA just screwed it up themselves.

Generally, there's not much point in looking towards any sort of funky controversy or whatever. The Big Guys are more than capable of blowing it on their own. Dont fall for all of that "SJWs are to blame for everything" crap that the internet likes to spout. Hell, dont fall for ANYTHING that the internet likes to spout.

In the end, I can promise you this: When a game just outright goes bad, often, the one and only real culprit is simple: Corporate greed. And EA is a freaking MASTER of it.

Unfortunately, they're also a freaking master of doing everything and anything to get the heat off of them. I wouldnt be surprised one bit if they're "encouraging" some of this speculation and crap just to get people thinking that hey... maybe they ARENT the only ones to blame... yeah, maybe it's these guys over here instead, dont blame EA, BUY MORE EA GAMES!!!11 and so on. This wouldnt be the worst they've done, not even close.

But yeah, in an overall sense, just dont listen to that sort of stuff. And in the end, it doesnt really matter all that much. Either you get a good product that you like, or you dont.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 7:06 pm

I have a difficult time assigning credibility to the Ralph Report.
Because,
http://www.businessinsider.com/ethan-ra ... ted-2016-9

Quote:
A prominent leader of Gamergate was just arrested on charges of assaulting a police officer
Ben Gilbert Sep. 7, 2016, 10:51 AM
As game developer Brianna Wu writes on The Daily Dot, "Like many women in the game industry, I’ve been doxed by [Ralph] multiple times. In December of 2014, after receiving death threats so extreme they were the basis of a 'Law & Order' episode, I had pictures of my house, my car and even my pets’ names published by Gamergate on Medium. The post was so extreme that it caused Medium to re-evaluate its policies on publishing private information. After the post was taken down, Ralph was eager to republish it."
The reported altercation started when police "responded to this location for a report of an intoxicated male sleeping in the lobby." When sheriff's deputies tried waking up the person, he reportedly "assaulted a deputy." Ralph is being charged with obstruction of justice and two separate felony counts of assault of law enforcement.

Now, that does make sense;
Quote:
Regardless of the truth, the problem is that blaming a single person for the animations is ridiculous given the fact there are numerous people involved in the final presentation of character models in a game.
Despite being 11 days since the Ralph Retort article and Bioware’s tweet, Ms Leost is still receiving daily abuse for the bad animations in the game.
However, in a further twist to the weird story, it has now been suggested Mass Effect: Andromeda’s poor designis actually do with Bioware trying to desexualise the women in the game by making them less attractive than the models from which they are based.
If true, the decision could have been made to help the developers avoid being accused of using sexy women to attract players to the game — a criticism largely associated with Tomb Raider’s large-breasted Lara Croft character.
This explanation has caused outrage with the feminist gaming community due to the fact the male characters look very similar to their real-life inspiration.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/home- ... 2b27a17859

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 4:11 pm

The problems with this game go well beyond the horrible animations and a laughable character creator. The lame script, lame voice acting, baren copy pasted open world's with barely anything to interact with, game mechanics like the tediously annoying scanner which turns the game into a chore, terrible battle mechanics including the lack of a cover button, an inferior weapon/item system, repetitive and boring quests, the list goes on and on.

This game earns a solid 2/10 for the festering turd that it is. Anyone who rates this game highly must have very low standards of a AAA game in 2017 (even in 2007).

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2017, 1:13 pm

lolol dont get me started on MEA

I know full well what happend bioware screwed up with that one.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:11 pm

So because the company doesn't want players of its games personally insulting employees, by accusing them of whoring their way into their job and gave a statements saying that and released their game on world downs syndrome day...they are promoting far left agenda....?

I don't quite follow.

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2017, 8:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
So because the company doesn't want players of its games personally insulting employees, by accusing them of whoring their way into their job and gave a statements saying that and released their game on world downs syndrome day...they are promoting far left agenda....?

I don't quite follow.

Its cause bioware hired a well known cosplay celeb who had very literally basic animation skills no real industry exp in tripple A games development. Now im all for giving a junior a foot in the door so to say but not a senior role. I imagine she did the job to the best of her ability but unfortunately when experience is lacking unless a person is naturally talented its impossible to instantly be a season'd pro. Alot of people saw the move by bioware as pandering to the needs of the SJW community, does she hold those opinions and ideals in irl wouldn't know but i can say hiring someone based on their celeb status is never an intelligent thing perhaps only in acting and even then im pretty sure most actors have to go through a process like any job.

Until recently i was a huge supporter of Starcitizen and then CIG decided to forceably shift the entire community to a new social platform called Spectrum that was no where near ready. The two CM's responsible atleast in part for this shift have been suspected of abusing their power, one is known as Disco Lando who was already a youtube celeb for doing Starwars theme'd animated doll video's 'similar to thunder birds'. To date he is the only employee anyone knows of working in CIG that got hired solely on his celeb status, and hes made a blunder of his job with multiple mistakes inc a site link during a twitch stream that allowed people access to a huge amount of not yet released content at the time and most of which still isn't. Any normal person would of been fired long ago but Chris Roberts has put too much trust in him. Anyway i wont carry on about this but the point is its never intelligent hiring someone based on their status in life, proper interviews should always take place. Whilst we dont know those details bioware certainly showed interest at first because of her community credentials.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 3:07 pm

Seriously..... This all sounds like fictional and manufactured drama to me over what turned out to be a halfway decent game that was not nearly as great as what came before it.

The people who manufacture drama like this against SJWs out of whole cloth really need to get outside more and step away from their computers for a little while and interact with real people talking about real issues going on with the world.

This opinion is coming from somebody who spends a lot of time gaming. Games are important to me, but whenever a game comes out that disappoints, I feel no need to pin the reason why the game disappointed me on reasons such as "the opposite end of the political spectrum screwed this game over". That's just childish.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 10:57 am

Terrible idea to think so, and I say this as someone who doesn't care about Mass Effect.

EA and BioWare, as Misery explained earlier, kind of brought this upon themselves. I find this kind of funny myself because, when discussing the importance of having a portfolio in game design, my mom usually cites a relative working for a Florida division of EA. :?