Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Wallfl0wer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2017, 5:49 pm

Right now my obsession is internet searching, watching and reading all things ASD. I just found out about this maybe 4 days ago and I'm 99.9% sure I'm on the spectrum, but that's a self-diagnosis.

I obsess about things until I feel physically ill and completely burn out because of that. Things I've obsessed about:

Self taught photography, multiple times
Dog training and having a new dog, many times
Parenting books all of them, when I was first a mom
Religion back in the day
Drinking
Smoking cigarettes
Friendships I've had
Screen addictions
Tv show binges
Books that are good must be read RIGHT NOW
Artistic styles
Exercise routines
Diets
Foods
Other health stuff
Baby wrap carriers (buying and selling)
Shopping

He list goes on. I'll do it or think about it a huge part of the day and then get to the point that my head aches, my stomach hurts and I have to quit because I feel so terribly. So I give that up and have to obsess with something else for a while. It's exhausting, y'all. Is this common?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 10:45 pm

past obsessions:

practicing writing left and right handed
weight lifting/walking/jogging/swimming/biking/martial arts
army/navy/marines/coast guard/air force
college major/careers
chinese heritage
rape/physical violence
autism (ironic)
fat/carbohydrates/eating habits/drinking water/percent body fat
precious lil "people": "friends", acquaintences
long term grudges
$$
morality
religion
homophobia
psychological disorders

Wallfl0wer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm

Yes, the irony that is obsessively researching autism is not lost on me. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

lately, i have been extremely obsessed with when i went through Gender Therapy in 2004. precious lil "people" gave me plenty of social rejection and a wide variety of it. with the exception of LGBT people, only several agreed to call me "he" instead of "she." some of the most sophisticated, articulate, academically smart, and (seemingly) nice precious lil "people" had the nerve to tell me it was "lying" for me to ask them to call me "he" instead of "she".

when i think about emotionally disturbing events from the past, stabbing sensation in brain and aching sensation in heart. makes me wanna gorge.

sometimes i gorge. but drink 5 liter water per day. makes it harder to gorge. but have to anal retentively drink water. physically, it does not feel so comfortable. although no fluid intoxication yet. and getting to the toilet so often is inconvenient.

but it is legal, free, and whatever.

it might be the best method to prevent gorging. there's something wrong with everything. :mrgreen:

other thing is, sometimes i get obsessed over how much i hate precious little "most people". they act like they are so important and awesome.

they give condescending little compliments.

they are so judgmental. even statements that are just observations, they only say out loud, as if they expect me to change. b/c they do not like it.

esp precious little "friends".

sometimes i feel like i can't trust anyone.

:evil:

if you interact with someone in some situations, you only know what happened in those situations. (and sometimes you do not even know that). you do not know anything about any other situations.

a book claimed, that a man got married to 2 women at the same time. in the united states. neither one knew about it. for several years. til the dry cleaning got mixed up. and one of the women was a clinical psychologist.

so, if a clinical psychologist, with much more skill than me, for much more time than me, with much more intensity of interaction than me, could get tricked, then :arrow:

i get paranoid about how someone might trick me.

or just peer pressure.

when they are interacting with me, i get scared if i refuse their peer pressure, they will not wanna be my precious lil "friend." and then later on they do not wanna be my precious lil "friend" anyways.

8)

but it turns out maybe

in some ways

i am better off alone than with those precious lil "friends"

b/c they were never real friends in the first place.

that is an obsession

almost everyone i have ever interacted with expects me to accept him/her as is. and unconditionally.

while they go micromanaging me.

seriously.

they have big egos.