Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 12:54 am

For the last few weeks, I've been dealing with on-and-off dizziness, and I feel that it's just been getting worse and worse. What would you suggest I do?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 8:05 pm

Do you have an ear infection? Did you start new medication? Do you wear glasses or have you got your eyes checked recently? Is your blood pressure too low? Is it triggered when watching certain tv shows or video games that would cause motion sickness? It is best to try and figure out why you are dizzy.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2017, 6:17 am

Hello LonelyJar,

Good check points from Noca.

I would like to add that the dizziness you are talking about could be caused by not enough physical exercise. So, if you have a sedentary live style, make sure to start moderate physical exercise every day, eg 30min walking.

To be on the safe side, ceheck out with your general physician.

Good luck.

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Apr 2017, 4:44 am

Get a medical opinion if it persists. Could be a number of things - low blood pressure, anemia, vertigo, low blood sugar...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

JRCriton
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2017, 5:52 pm

I use to have this issue a lot until I started eating red meat again. I don't remember the details, but stress hormones basically eat up the glucose your brain needs to function. And slow proteins help maintain the blood sugar levels. So now I eat more red meats and I'm trying to work on lowering my sugar intake. But that's very hard in America it seems.

Haskell Moore: There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive; if you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you will exist a pariah to be spat at and beaten-at worst, to be lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

Adam Ewing: What is an ocean but a multitude of drops? - (Cloud Atlas)

Some of my sound experimentation's that I created

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 12:17 pm

JRCriton wrote:
I use to have this issue a lot until I started eating red meat again. I don't remember the details, but stress hormones basically eat up the glucose your brain needs to function. And slow proteins help maintain the blood sugar levels. So now I eat more red meats and I'm trying to work on lowering my sugar intake. But that's very hard in America it seems.

Why'd you have to go and mention red meat...now I want a steak. :tongue:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:10 pm

The one thing I haven't seen anybody say, yet (unless I missed it), was dehydration. It's very easy to become dehydrated (sometimes, having Diabetes, and other things, causes it----like, I often notice, by their tongues, that singers on TV are dehydrated [the hot lights does it - and also, their horrendous schedules / no sleep, etc.], and worry that they're gonna pass-out----but, sometimes, it's just not getting proper nutrition / enough fluids, in ya). Does your tongue look anything, like this:

If it does, get the biggest bottle of Gatorade that you can find (any flavor), and drink it----you don't have to down the whole bottle, at-one-time; but, like, you should drink it, at the very least, over the course of a day, for instance. If you don't want / can't have the sugar, they have bottled water with electrolytes added, and that should do it----and then, if that does the "trick" (alleviates your dizziness), try to remember to be mindful that that can happen, and to take steps to not let it happen, again (ie, consume more fluids).

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:59 pm

I recently discovered I was anaemic. It was causing me to be dizzy. Maybe get a blood test to check your iron and vitamin b12.