Syria attack and Trump Presidency so far no surprise

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

Lauching a surgical cruise missle attack, how Bill Clinton of Trump.

Besides Clinton this reminds me of another political family dynasty Trump supporters love to hate. I am thinking of the Iran Contra scandal another misadventure based purely on emotion. In Bush's case it was meeting with hostage families, in Trump's case it was seeing pictures that are very similar to what we have seen from Syria for years now.

In Bush's case the emotional instinctual behavior was unusual, in Trump's case it is the core of who he is. Trump's policies have always been based on a combination a combination of gut instinct and who he is listining to at the moment.

People have been trying to tell Trump supporters his personality makes him unfit for the job of President and that his populism not real but marketing since he announced. These people were dismissed as unhinged leftists, deep state globalist Republicans. But supporters stuck with Trump because they liked his personality or hoped somehow once he got in office he would be presidential, and his critics were often unhinged leftists and pissed off establishment types Trump who were proven wrong again and again.

Trump's gut instinct is often right, It worked for him in real estate, on network TV. His identifying a large part of the electorate that all the experts missed and connecting with them was brilliant, they will be studying it in Marketing and Public Relation courses 100 years from now. The job of President requires gut instinct and marketing skills but a lot more. The core of the job is doing the best for the American Public as a whole. Making an emotional decisions based on the plight of a few, pure gut instinct is dangerous.

He is privileged New York City businessman who has had worked with bankers and wall street his whole life. Why is it surprising that, that is whom he listens to and that they told him to hire "deep state" aides he would listen to?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman