Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:19 pm

Noca wrote:
crystaltermination wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone here taken Zopiclone? It seems a popular and frequently prescribed sleeping tablet.
I've been considering getting sleep medication; recently saw my GP regarding my appalling insomnia, and she had the gall to 'direct me to the internet', to research sleep hygiene. She's pretty much inept. Anyway, I'm sorely tempted to skip her authority altogether and have a chat with my psychiatrist instead. I understand sleeping pills are a temporary fix to get one's sleep pattern back into some semblance of order, but I'm almost desperate, it's so apparent my body can't naturally make that first move back into normalcy.

I've taken Zopiclone, Eszopiclone, Zolpidem, and Zalpedon, which are nonbenzodiazepenes known as "Z drugs". I found Zolpidem to be my favourite. Chronic use of Zopiclone caused me depression. Zopiclone also leaves a metalic taste in your mouth which Zolpidem does not. They are both great for sleep and you fall asleep within 10 minutes, but they subject to tolerance and rebound insomnia.

Both Zopiclone and Zolpidem can make you feel high if you take them and just force yourself to stay awake for a bit before falling asleep.

I don"t know if the UK has Zolpidem or not but if you have a choice id pick that over Zopiclone.

Sleep hygiene needs to be part of any insomnia treatment regardless what medications you use.

I used to take zopiclone, i took myself off it as i felt addicted, and it didn't give me quality sleep. Yeah sleep hygiene better than not sleep hygiene, but obviously no cure for anyone really suffering with insomnia. Going to try 1mg melatonin I'm importing from Italy, as you can not buy it in the uk.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:30 am

I took clonazepam for panic and anxiety and it had the added effect of putting me to sleep... they work, but sometimes you need more and more for the same effect so you need to rotate thru different medications.