Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RandomCitizen80
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2017, 10:58 pm

Hello​, this is my first posting. I've been struggling with myself a lot lately and I think it would be helpful to discuss my issues with people who might be on the same or at least a similar level of understanding​.
Depression, up and down levels of disconnect with the world. Back in college after a short hiatus and it's emotionally draining to be around so many people all the time everyday again.

On a side note, one thing that immediately bothers me about this site is there are only two options in the gender section when registering. Anyone know why? I had expected at least an option of "prefer not to answer" from a website claiming to cater to the neurodiverse.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2017, 11:29 pm

Greetings, and glad to welcome you to this most wonderful website!

First off, I can certainly sympathize with that emotional disconnect you describe after prolonged
time spent with strangers. My perfect life, if I could choose, would probably be me with some close friends of mine living in a lodge in the absolute middle of nowhere!

As for the whole gender thing, keep in mind there is an option to not show the gender under your username, if you are uncomfortable with it being there.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

i don't know why its limited to only two, however, you can opt to not select either by choosing "Select..." from the drop down menu :)

and welcome to wrongplanet!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 4:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)