Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 12:39 am

I don't have any diagnose (I told it in my introduction topic, it was just a friend who has aspergers who said he thought I had it too) but I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong or different with me, I can recall some struggles and being unfit for basically all my life, but most of time I was too immerse in myself to really care and it didn't had really impacted negatively my life (it started to be a real problem when I went to university, I drop out twice, and I almost drop out a third time and now I live alone and everything is out of control).

Anyway, since middle school I remember getting myself in trouble at school and I remember that they recommend that I met a psychologist, which my mom refused, this happened at least in 3 different schools. When I was thinking about drop out university for the second time, I start missing my classes, I wasn't able to go I felt so bad around people I kinda of knew, so I just wandered around the town, often I would went to cinema so I could be more isolated. When my mom discovered, I told her I thought about killing myself and then she finally decided to let me see a psychologist but after three sessions she started to complain about it and convinced me to quit, so I did.

I drop out university, I enrolled to a new university in a different city and move out home but my parents still give me all my money. Here things got worst, as I'm too much time alone and I have too many responsibilities and also people were mean to me. I started getting sick too often, a doctor mentioned it could be some psychological disorder as everything was fine with me, but my mother refuses to pay a psychiatrist to me. Not directly, but she is always evasive when I talk about it, I tried to get a part time job so I could pay for it, but I couldn't find anything that wouldn't affect my studies. I tried to enroll at university free psychological assistance but every time they say they can't take new patients.

I think she is afraid that if I have some issue she will thinks it's her fault. I don't know... My father's family has a serious historic of people with depression and suicide, and I remember how negative she was about it when I was little, telling that the treatments made people worse, maybe she is scared?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:18 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I don't have any diagnose (I told it in my introduction topic, it was just a friend who has aspergers who said he thought I had it too) but I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong or different with me, I can recall some struggles and being unfit for basically all my life, but most of time I was too immerse in myself to really care and it didn't had really impacted negatively my life (it started to be a real problem when I went to university, I drop out twice, and I almost drop out a third time and now I live alone and everything is out of control).

Anyway, since middle school I remember getting myself in trouble at school and I remember that they recommend that I met a psychologist, which my mom refused, this happened at least in 3 different schools. When I was thinking about drop out university for the second time, I start missing my classes, I wasn't able to go I felt so bad around people I kinda of knew, so I just wandered around the town, often I would went to cinema so I could be more isolated. When my mom discovered, I told her I thought about killing myself and then she finally decided to let me see a psychologist but after three sessions she started to complain about it and convinced me to quit, so I did.

I drop out university, I enrolled to a new university in a different city and move out home but my parents still give me all my money. Here things got worst, as I'm too much time alone and I have too many responsibilities and also people were mean to me. I started getting sick too often, a doctor mentioned it could be some psychological disorder as everything was fine with me, but my mother refuses to pay a psychiatrist to me. Not directly, but she is always evasive when I talk about it, I tried to get a part time job so I could pay for it, but I couldn't find anything that wouldn't affect my studies. I tried to enroll at university free psychological assistance but every time they say they can't take new patients.

I think she is afraid that if I have some issue she will thinks it's her fault. I don't know... My father's family has a serious historic of people with depression and suicide, and I remember how negative she was about it when I was little, telling that the treatments made people worse, maybe she is scared?

You're 23. As I understand it, that's a legal adult in Brazil. So perhaps what you really mean is, your mother won't give you the money to see a psychologist or psychiatrist?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:38 pm

Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

You're 23. As I understand it, that's a legal adult in Brazil. So perhaps what you really mean is, your mother won't give you the money to see a psychologist or psychiatrist?

Yes, but things are a bit more complex than just money-wise. When I went to a psychologist, she started to be really critical about it, and tried to convince me to quit. When I was little, at school, they recommended several times for me to see a psychologist but my mother never allowed.

I'm afraid even if I'm able to get the money by myself, it will affect my relation with my mother and I need her support.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:27 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Yes, but things are a bit more complex than just money-wise. When I went to a psychologist, she started to be really critical about it, and tried to convince me to quit. When I was little, at school, they recommended several times for me to see a psychologist but my mother never allowed.

I'm afraid even if I'm able to get the money by myself, it will affect my relation with my mother and I need her support.

Why was she critical?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 12:15 am

Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Why was she critical?

I have no idea :/ I can't explain very well how critical she was, but she would try to convince me to not go, saying it was BS, or just trying to convince me to do something else.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:25 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
Chronos wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Why was she critical?

I have no idea :/ I can't explain very well how critical she was, but she would try to convince me to not go, saying it was BS, or just trying to convince me to do something else.

If it helps you, it's not B.S.