Conservatism is my salvation from 'Neurotypical oppression'

Page 1 of 11 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,811
Location: Northern USA

14 Apr 2017, 4:17 pm

Like many of you, I have lived my life under constant neurotypical oppression.

My oppressors told me, "You don't go out enough", "You spend too much time on your computer", "You don't socialize enough", "You shouldn't do that", "You shouldn't act that way", "You should say 'hi' to people in the morning", "You shouldn't dress that way, "Don't do that", "You're not doing it right", "You should make friends" .....

Even worse, my oppressors abused and humiliated me, because I didn't do things in their perceived "correct way".

The message was clear: I am wrong.

Then along comes conservatism.

Conservatives say things like, "You don't need a government master to tell you how to live your life".

Wow! What a powerful message to an oppressed person.

So, that's why I despise lefties, government control, socialism, and why I'm enamored with conservatism. :D



ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

14 Apr 2017, 4:28 pm

but the lack of government doesn't mean lack of people judging your life


I hate some part of left because of the same reasons as you, namely liberal left, but I still like a big government that can provides basic needs to people.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,121
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Like many of you, I have lived my life under constant neurotypical oppression.

My oppressors told me, "You don't go out enough", "You spend too much time on your computer", "You don't socialize enough", "You shouldn't do that", "You shouldn't act that way", "You should say 'hi' to people in the morning", "You shouldn't dress that way, "Don't do that", "You're not doing it right", "You should make friends" .....

Even worse, my oppressors abused and humiliated me, because I didn't do things in their perceived "correct way".

The message was clear: I am wrong.

Then along comes conservatism.

Conservatives say things like, "You don't need a government master to tell you how to live your life".

Wow! What a powerful message to an oppressed person.

So, that's why I despise lefties, government control, socialism, and why I'm enamored with conservatism. :D


Yeah the trouble is they say that, but sessions wants to crack down on legal marijuana and plenty of conservatives support that, drug tests are just a regular norm something I don't hear a lot of conservatives question. It is largely conservatives who want to ban abortion or severely limit it as much as they can. They want to make cuts that affect the poor to funnel more money into the wealthy...and yeah I don't get the impression the republican/conservative party as a whole cares much about my personal freedom or wellbeing. I am not going to say the left/democrats are flawless, either I was angry the democrats decided to work against Bernie to get Hillary the nomination...I thought maybe they'd actually try to do a better job of representing the left...not just sheltered yuppies who think they're liberals because they vote democrat no questions asked which is more the crowd Hillary appealed to.

But at the very least they don't want to destroy social programs and programs to help the poor and disabled, prevent me getting an abortion if I were to get an unwanted pregnancy, send feds to come destroy the marijuana industry in my state/criminalize cannabis users, open up the vast majority of federal lands meant to be used for nature preservation to fracking and coal mining and things like that either.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,168
Location: Boulder CO

14 Apr 2017, 4:48 pm

So because you feel validated by a movement that casts others' ways of living as wrong, you've escaped the judgement of others? I'd tend to believe these political decisions reflect more on your past than your own interests. Seems to me when the power of suggestion is reversed & the government can simply tell you anything you don't need via process of elimination, the remainder is everything the government insists you need.

@Sweetleaf: Lol yeah if that economy gets squashed we're like another Kuwait. Same goes for ND.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,121
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm

cberg wrote:
So because you feel validated by a movement that casts others' ways of living as wrong, you've escaped the judgement of others? I'd tend to believe these political decisions reflect more on your past than your own interests. Seems to me when the power of suggestion is reversed & the government can simply tell you anything you don't need via process of elimination, the remainder is everything the government insists you need.

@Sweetleaf: Lol yeah if that economy gets squashed we're like another Kuwait. Same goes for ND.


If only they'd get on board with the populace and federally legalize it...but I don't see old man Sessions doing that.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,277
Location: IM PULLING DOWN MY SOCKS

14 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservatives say things like, "You don't need a government master to tell you how to live your life".


it goes that way, but at least here, it goes the complete opposite way as well.

i'm not getting that message from all the actioned and proposed rollbacks of laws/regulations that make things MORE accessible, not less or restricted.

why is that done?

i personally have not lived my life inder any oppression. to me it was all in my head. lack of government rarely means lack of judgement, but i see where it comes from.


_________________
I shall live and be in Duinkerken; that's just how it is.

Te shwaa geonniazie, o te gefioazie, te fiazie iene mefiet tzoolcievit. Tsool amit, shovel le xen veromi.


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,811
Location: Northern USA

14 Apr 2017, 5:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Like many of you, I have lived my life under constant neurotypical oppression.

My oppressors told me, "You don't go out enough", "You spend too much time on your computer", "You don't socialize enough", "You shouldn't do that", "You shouldn't act that way", "You should say 'hi' to people in the morning", "You shouldn't dress that way, "Don't do that", "You're not doing it right", "You should make friends" .....

Even worse, my oppressors abused and humiliated me, because I didn't do things in their perceived "correct way".

The message was clear: I am wrong.

Then along comes conservatism.

Conservatives say things like, "You don't need a government master to tell you how to live your life".

Wow! What a powerful message to an oppressed person.

So, that's why I despise lefties, government control, socialism, and why I'm enamored with conservatism. :D


Yeah the trouble is they say that, but sessions wants to crack down on legal marijuana and plenty of conservatives support that, drug tests are just a regular norm something I don't hear a lot of conservatives question. It is largely conservatives who want to ban abortion or severely limit it as much as they can. They want to make cuts that affect the poor to funnel more money into the wealthy...and yeah I don't get the impression the republican/conservative party as a whole cares much about my personal freedom or wellbeing. I am not going to say the left/democrats are flawless, either I was angry the democrats decided to work against Bernie to get Hillary the nomination...I thought maybe they'd actually try to do a better job of representing the left...not just sheltered yuppies who think they're liberals because they vote democrat no questions asked which is more the crowd Hillary appealed to.

But at the very least they don't want to destroy social programs and programs to help the poor and disabled, prevent me getting an abortion if I were to get an unwanted pregnancy, send feds to come destroy the marijuana industry in my state/criminalize cannabis users, open up the vast majority of federal lands meant to be used for nature preservation to fracking and coal mining and things like that either.

You are right, many "conservatives" are pro-government control.

I lean towards the Rand Paul (Libertarian) pro-freedom type conservatives.

Conservatives want to inspire poor people to be productive.

They want to make welfare a last resort.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,121
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Apr 2017, 6:28 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Like many of you, I have lived my life under constant neurotypical oppression.

My oppressors told me, "You don't go out enough", "You spend too much time on your computer", "You don't socialize enough", "You shouldn't do that", "You shouldn't act that way", "You should say 'hi' to people in the morning", "You shouldn't dress that way, "Don't do that", "You're not doing it right", "You should make friends" .....

Even worse, my oppressors abused and humiliated me, because I didn't do things in their perceived "correct way".

The message was clear: I am wrong.

Then along comes conservatism.

Conservatives say things like, "You don't need a government master to tell you how to live your life".

Wow! What a powerful message to an oppressed person.

So, that's why I despise lefties, government control, socialism, and why I'm enamored with conservatism. :D


Yeah the trouble is they say that, but sessions wants to crack down on legal marijuana and plenty of conservatives support that, drug tests are just a regular norm something I don't hear a lot of conservatives question. It is largely conservatives who want to ban abortion or severely limit it as much as they can. They want to make cuts that affect the poor to funnel more money into the wealthy...and yeah I don't get the impression the republican/conservative party as a whole cares much about my personal freedom or wellbeing. I am not going to say the left/democrats are flawless, either I was angry the democrats decided to work against Bernie to get Hillary the nomination...I thought maybe they'd actually try to do a better job of representing the left...not just sheltered yuppies who think they're liberals because they vote democrat no questions asked which is more the crowd Hillary appealed to.

But at the very least they don't want to destroy social programs and programs to help the poor and disabled, prevent me getting an abortion if I were to get an unwanted pregnancy, send feds to come destroy the marijuana industry in my state/criminalize cannabis users, open up the vast majority of federal lands meant to be used for nature preservation to fracking and coal mining and things like that either.

You are right, many "conservatives" are pro-government control.

I lean towards the Rand Paul (Libertarian) pro-freedom type conservatives.

Conservatives want to inspire poor people to be productive.

They want to make welfare a last resort.


Well very inspiring to cut resources from them...resources that can help them become more productive. People are more productive when they have their basic needs met actually. Not having basic needs met just makes people desperate not particularly 'productive'.


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,121
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Apr 2017, 6:32 pm

I mean where is the hiring agency to pick up homeless and impoverished people off the streets and get them a sustainable job they can keep? And working with them on hygiene and basic resources till they can actually start making their own income and improving their situation.

Conservatives want to make people productive but not lift a finger to do it? Instead just hope if they cut things far enough desperation will become productiveness?


_________________
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!


wrongcitizen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 22 Oct 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 386
Location: Wrong City

14 Apr 2017, 6:49 pm

I just build myself from the inside against external influence. When someone tells me something that doesn't make sense based on universally established rules of logic AND is something I don't agree with then I don't accept it. Doesn't always work, but it gets the job done when it comes to self confidence because I become far more self sufficient and autonomous as opposed to being swayed by everything people say.

And I just want to emphasize this: AND. I don't exclude someone's opinion solely because I disagree, because I will close myself off to important opinions which could change my perspective and attitude for the better, and I don't abandon rules of rationality or logic either.

This works most of the time, and it's a great way to assure yourself of yourself. Sounds odd but I feel like that's one of our big problems. IMO (Not a fact however) you look to outside entities to secure internal interests. Another words, I'd lose the conservatism and the liberalism and look at what works best. If conservativism works best after all this then I say go for it.



seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Age: 22
Posts: 1,342
Location: underwater

14 Apr 2017, 8:58 pm

neurotypical oppression doesn't have a political leaning.

i don't get the connection.



Defective Reject
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
Location: Ontario

14 Apr 2017, 9:20 pm

I can relate to the stuff you've been told. Statements of not doing what you should be doing started with my parents when I was a child and has continued on throughout my adulthood...

There's a lot of bullshit on the Left, like over-bureaucratizing systems, controlling what you can and can't say as well as the usual corruption found in all bloated organizations. But do you think conservatism is really a solution to that? Don't most conservatives want to control you? Like, they want to prevent you from doing things they consider immoral - 'unsanctioned' drugs, the wrong books, premarital sex, contraception, abortion, porn, science, etc. I think you're probably more in tune with libertarian-ism if you want government to let you be.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,811
Location: Northern USA

14 Apr 2017, 11:36 pm

Defective Reject wrote:
I can relate to the stuff you've been told. Statements of not doing what you should be doing started with my parents when I was a child and has continued on throughout my adulthood...

There's a lot of bullshit on the Left, like over-bureaucratizing systems, controlling what you can and can't say as well as the usual corruption found in all bloated organizations. But do you think conservatism is really a solution to that? Don't most conservatives want to control you? Like, they want to prevent you from doing things they consider immoral - 'unsanctioned' drugs, the wrong books, premarital sex, contraception, abortion, porn, science, etc. I think you're probably more in tune with libertarian-ism if you want government to let you be.

You're right. In practice, many conservatives like control.

However, there is a small group that promotes freedom, and less government.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,811
Location: Northern USA

14 Apr 2017, 11:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well very inspiring to cut resources from them...resources that can help them become more productive. People are more productive when they have their basic needs met actually. Not having basic needs met just makes people desperate not particularly 'productive'.

Conservatives promote cutting welfare to able-bodied people.

They also like to make sure the money is not going for booze, and drugs.



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,811
Location: Northern USA

14 Apr 2017, 11:39 pm

seaweed wrote:
neurotypical oppression doesn't have a political leaning.
i don't get the connection.

Some conservatives , such as the Libertarian-type conservative, promote "liberty".