I don't think a coworker likes me any more

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:39 am

It sounds like there is a conflict going on between the two of you where you might have said something to turn her off. Have you thought about inviting her to meet you for coffee or lunch so the two of you can talk. That way you can sit and listen to her side of the story.

"I notice that you are not talking to me as often. Did I do or say something to make you feel uncomfortable or hurt your feelings?"

When you invite her, leave one message on facebook and one voice message if possible. If she does not acknowledge you then just leave her alone

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 11:42 am

I've learnt that this co-worker of mine is having major problems at home with her husband and two teenage kids, so maybe that is why she seems rather cold.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:04 pm

That sometimes happens and I try and reach out a few more times but if she continues to give you the cold shoulder regardless then maybe invite her out for coffee or lunch and let her talk to you.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:07 pm

Maybe reach out with a brief facebook or text, like a sentence or two.

And then maybe reach out a second time a week or week and a half later, and then probably leave it at that.

=======

Of course, she still needs to treat you decently at works. The Yikes! factor where you loads you up with a bunch of task. I sometimes struggle with briefly and matter-of-factly standing up for myself.

Good luck and I wish for the outside chance where the two of you can re-establish your friendship. :D