Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

In society what preconceived ideas do people have about the male body?

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

Jamesy wrote:

"society" says the male body should be "perfect" and "well shaped". Not to mention the media has almost always been about male "size" than personality. "Society" is for people without a brain. There's no such thing as a "society". We're all just living together on the same ball of rock.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:24 pm

Richardf269 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

"society" says the male body should be "perfect" and "well shaped". Not to mention the media has almost always been about male "size" than personality. "Society" is for people without a brain. There's no such thing as a "society". We're all just living together on the same ball of rock.

Some deny it's a ball.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:39 pm

Aren't male bodies supposed to resemble this?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Shaggyfromscoobydoo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Aren't male bodies supposed to resemble this?

Exactly! Just bigger in certain areas...

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2017, 10:33 pm

Ha! No kidding, I'm still in High School and I say with confidence that mine's bigger than that little thing! Damn, makes me feel sorry for the ancients :lol:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm

I was thinking maybe he should cover it with a fig leaf before someone comes along and snaps it off like a twig, but I didn't want to say anything. It would be unladylike. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm

proportionally small, comparatively big.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

If we are talking about the "ideal" male body, the general idea tends to be a low amount of body fat, and a moderate to great amount of muscle mass.

This what you see on male models, hollywood actors and other conventionally attractive males.
Other than that, height of course seems to be important aswell.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 3:41 am

Richardf269 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

So it also seems we're made of that same rock & exclusively rock(s).

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 10:15 am

I'm not the hot and muscular stereotypical boy when it comes to body. I'm fat and have a belly. I don't have a six pack. This is what people think men look like.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 10:17 pm

Jamesy wrote:

As compared to a female body, I generally expect males to have flatter chest, narrower hips, more body hair, more muscle mass, masculinized facial features, broader shoulders.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 12:24 am

Corny wrote:
I'm not the hot and muscular stereotypical boy when it comes to body. I'm fat and have a belly. I don't have a six pack. This is what people think men look like.

that's near to completely non-existing, and more of a gay-thing imo

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:39 am

I have had it pointed out to me that the reason for Michelangelo's David being...under-endowed is because he's supposed to be facing off against a giant in that very moment; he's scared to death. Hence the shriveled genitals and the submissive body posture.

As for OT, men seem to want to go for the "heroic build" body type, whilst womens preferences seem to lie on a sliding scale between that and the more slender "male model" type build. With allowances for individual taste, of course. A problem I've encountered is that many, in my case women in particular, don't seem to have any idea how hard either of these builds are to achieve or maintain.

Personally, I'd love to be built like HJ's Wolverine, but barring a sudden and drastic intervention by a rogue team of Hollywood fitness instructors, it does not seem likely to happen.

Another question on the subject: what's the prevailing opinion on body hair? As a guy who's fairly hirsute all over, I look kinda silly when I shave my torso and privates, and when I don't, opinions seem to range between "that's disgusting, why would you even not shave?" all the way up to "Take me. Now.".

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 8:17 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
I have had it pointed out to me that the reason for Michelangelo's David being...under-endowed is because he's supposed to be facing off against a giant in that very moment; he's scared to death. Hence the shriveled genitals and the submissive body posture.

As for OT, men seem to want to go for the "heroic build" body type, whilst womens preferences seem to lie on a sliding scale between that and the more slender "male model" type build. With allowances for individual taste, of course. A problem I've encountered is that many, in my case women in particular, don't seem to have any idea how hard either of these builds are to achieve or maintain.

Personally, I'd love to be built like HJ's Wolverine, but barring a sudden and drastic intervention by a rogue team of Hollywood fitness instructors, it does not seem likely to happen.

Another question on the subject: what's the prevailing opinion on body hair? As a guy who's fairly hirsute all over, I look kinda silly when I shave my torso and privates, and when I don't, opinions seem to range between "that's disgusting, why would you even not shave?" all the way up to "Take me. Now.".

Generally speaking, I find back hair and shoulder hair on men unattractive. I also find protruding nose hair, unibrows, protruding ear hair, extremely long eyebrow hair unattractive.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 8:50 pm

It's more difficult for a man to achieve the ideal body created by Hollywood vs. women.

You look at most celebrity couples and the man is a 6 foot+ 8% body fat and 200lbs, the woman is 5 foot 5 or something and just skinny, not even visible abs skinny, not even FITNESS type skinny with low body fat and decent muscle, just 'I don't eat too much food/have a fast metabolism' skinny.

The male ideal body, NATURALLY and without steroids, takes 4-8 years of force-feeding 3,000-5,000 calories a day for 6 months and then feeling agonizing hunger aches on 1,500-2,500 calories for one month, rinse and repeat, and 4 days minimum of intense weightlifting and 20-60 minutes cardio per week.

All this with a part time or full time job of course, and/or full time student, along with keeping a social life.

The ideal female body? Um...a couple months of some sh*tty trend diet like Paleo or something else from some actress or Eat Prey Love meditation style organic hippy type diet, maybe 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and some glute/butt and thighs training with pink 0.5lb dumbbells whenever she decides to hit the gym.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 9bb3d3.jpg

vs

http://www.borntoworkout.com/wp-content ... n-Body.jpg