Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HyperX
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2017, 9:49 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
HyperX wrote:
I can relate to what you're saying. I can't handle those sorts of noises either. or any kind of intrusive sound.

I had a neighbor that played loud music every night after he got home from work for hours on end. and on weekends it would go on continuously, then stop, and just when i thought it was over and i would start to relax again, the music would start again. all i could hear was resonating bass in my house and in my head. i couldn't handle it. i was getting angry all the time, it made me get irritated at other things that i shouldn't. felt like i was loosing my mind. it made me want to leave my own house, but then i was faced with the idea of being out in public somewhere and that was even worse.

After i took as much as i could bare, I ended up moving house all the way to the other side of the state. I'm now living in the mountains where it's much more peaceful.

yeah i know huh. that is so annoying.

the neighbor's right to enjoy loud music was more important than your right not to have to listen to said music.

that gets on my nerves too. when i go to the Home Depot bathroom, someone often comes in playing music. and i am afraid to ask him to turn it off. b/c afraid he might rape me. or that he might get angry. in any event i ain't got the authority to make him turn it off. :roll: anyways though, although i ain't telepathic or psychic, i get the impression that the chances that he would get angry at me are much higher than the chances of him turning it off.

so then, more than once, i ended up getting a headache and leaving the bathroom early. prematurely.

wow that sucks.

I don't understand what it is with people who play music like that. I understand they have a right to listen to it, i also understand i have a right not to hear it. i understand if i have a problem with it it's 'my problem' but why are they so inconsiderate about others? it has nothing to do with empathy and more to do with common sense.
It's almost as if they have such a need to 'drown out' their internal dialogue wit music that they forget all sense of the fact they're forcing other people to hear it too. also reminds me of the whole "i like this so everyone else must too" attitude. has a hint of megalomania about it.

I suppose, if i do my best to look on the bright side, it's made me analyze my idea of empathy and how it works.
such a psychologically torcherous way of learning a lesson though. :cry:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:01 pm

wow that sucks.

I don't understand what it is with people who play music like that. I understand they have a right to listen to it, i also understand i have a right not to hear it. i understand if i have a problem with it it's 'my problem' but why are they so inconsiderate about others? it has nothing to do with empathy and more to do with common sense.
It's almost as if they have such a need to 'drown out' their internal dialogue wit music that they forget all sense of the fact they're forcing other people to hear it too. also reminds me of the whole "i like this so everyone else must too" attitude. has a hint of megalomania about it.

I suppose, if i do my best to look on the bright side, it's made me analyze my idea of empathy and how it works.
such a psychologically torcherous way of learning a lesson though. :cry:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

you might have a right not to hear some else's boom box at Home Depot. (fine). but you have no method of enforcing your "right".

if you ask him to turn it off he might not do so.

he did not do anything illegal, so you can't call 911.

anyone can take out a civil lawsuit against anyone, but some lawyers charge 500 dollars an hour. and some lawsuits take over 2 years. and the plaintiff does not always win.

if you tattle to the security guard, the security guard might take the other party's side.

yeah i get the impression that they just assumed that they were just like "most people" and if they liked certain music "most people" liked it too.

and that the music was not that much louder or different, from when precious lil "people" sit around flapping their traps. joking and small talk and flapping their traps loudly in the Home Depot bathroom.

those precious lil "people" make me wanna puke.

the Home Depot blow dryer is so loud. almost everyone that washes his hands, turns on the blow dryer. it's like all that noise for what, a rocket? you would think it was some mechanical engineering device or something. but all that noise, just to blow dry some ret*d's hands.

what is so hard about putting in hand dryers?

those blow dryers gimmie headaches.

seriously considering avoiding Home Depot altogether.

but there are not many bathrooms nearby whose mens bathrooms contain more than one toilet.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2017, 3:04 pm

Sudden loud noise is my worst hate. I can go from placid to angry in seconds. I think this is very common for AS sufferers. I've had to explain about it to my children. They know Daddy gets grumpy quickly due to sudden, loud noise.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:41 pm

I've had neighbors like that, too: loud music, loud partying and loud, drunken fights. It was awful.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:05 am

IstominFan wrote:
I've had neighbors like that, too: loud music, loud partying and loud, drunken fights. It was awful.

_________

Some precious lil"people" act like every time someone does something they do not like, it morally justifies any emotional response from them

And some of them act otherwise nice or normal whenever they are not giving a theatrical emotional response to the slightest perceived slight

There will always be plenty of them and only one of me

And I fear and hate them

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

I find it best to replace 'Angry' with 'Irritated' - Hence, there are those times I get irrationally irritated at small (usually not so tiny) things!

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

i get pissed off about stuff people type about online.
i seriously need to figure out how to not let it get to me so much because it's not fun being angry.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 2:45 am

People who play with their phones in the cinema or talk during the film :evil:

Hangfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2018, 11:02 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
I find it best to replace 'Angry' with 'Irritated' - Hence, there are those times I get irrationally irritated at small (usually not so tiny) things!

I start with mildly irritated then full blown rage. Usually applies to inconsiderate noise that even NT people are annoyed with (obnoxious music, partying, arguing) but then theres my more aspie triggers that most NT folks don't notice (sudden sharp noises, music with a certain tone even when not loud, distant voices/foot steps). The latter seem to trigger instant rage rather than annoyance.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2018, 11:50 am

I've gotten angry over little things my whole life. Being in a better environment where I'm more accepted & supported than I was living with my parents helps a lot. I think just growing & maturing helped too like by working for example. Also being on the rite meds for me where I'm not as anxious or depressed helps & the antipsychotic Haldol/Haloperidol helps keep me from getting quite as angry too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition