Federal Court: Women can be topless in public

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
Good Lord, you have a sad view of women. I think you may be overestimating the value of the "protection" men have to offer.

Then, they won't need my tax support, alimony, coercive market controls, hiring preferences? No "women and children first", because they don't need the help? Aren't you the one, treating people like protected wildlife? If she does something bas, is she held to the same standard of behavior as a man?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:35 am

You agree that there is a logistical burden, which we all must carry.

The difference is, I make no attempt to leverage your resources, by force. I am not forcing you to cover anyone else's expense or to give moral support.

I believe that the topless side is making demands and legal threats and censoring others and calling that civil rights.

Last edited by friedmacguffins on 23 Apr 2017, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:35 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Good Lord, you have a sad view of women. I think you may be overestimating the value of the "protection" men have to offer.

Then, they won't need my tax support, alimony, coercive market controls, hiring preferences? No "women and children first", because they don't need the help? Aren't you the one, treating people like protected wildlife? If she does something bas, is she held to the same standard of behavior as a man?

A couple of points: Woman are not always encumbered with children. There are some who don't have children. Also, not all women with children rely on government support. There are some who actually have their own money.

Your thinking is not reflective of current times. There are laws to protect people from physical abuse, so reliance on a smaller group is not necessary.

Government does take money in taxes to support those who are not always a group we want to support. For example, my taxes go to support public schools, an institution I hate. Also, my taxes go to prison funding when I don't have any criminals in my circle. But these things make society as a whole better.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:40 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Government does take money in taxes to support those who are not always a group we want to support.

Why, if they are capable of doing it, on their own.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 7:54 am

I have taken for granted, that the topless side is entitled to exist and has a right to it's opinions -- but without me.

People seem to get hung-up, most, on that one, little qualifier, which I put on the end -- but without me.

You don't need me, right?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 7:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
gingerpickles wrote:
And sorry I will go with the "body shamers" by saying showing off charms is a privilege (regardless of gender) , not a right (like spandex). Their right to "show the goods" ends where I my right o control what my children see in public and prevention of gag reflex begins.

This is probably the biggest issue that postmodern feminism hasn't dealt with. Female body dissatisfaction is prevalent in the western world. Social media has thrust idealised female body types in our faces. A staggering statistic suggests 75% of all young females in western countries are unhappy about their bodies. Imagine if in the future it became fashionable to walk around topless in summertime. The added pressure on young girls to look physically attractive will go up exponentially to keep up leading to depression and suicide.

Feminism unfortunately can't cure psychological social pressure to conform.

Nope. If people see more real people bodies, they feel less insecure about their own bodies. That's a fact.

GP can get over it. She has no such rights.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 2:56 pm

One place, in town, breeds dogs. Their sexual politics are the same as humans'. Has anyone seen how this works.

For starters, none are wearing any clothes. None is particularly more fit than the other. But, one b***h will assume the color of authority, over the others.

God and authority, are hardwired, into all of us. It's just a matter of where you have put those labels.

These womyn have some place, in their understanding, for what is a man. And, they will either find that in a cisgender, hetero male, or in some other thing. It is said, as a slander, that some are married to the govt, which shelters them. In "The Making of a Slave," she was 'married' to the slavedriver, while dishonoring the sperm donor. Or, we say that her subordinate sex partners are 'cucks.' Someone or something is the bull.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 3:32 pm

There are not enough desks in the world for me to hit my head on to comprehend where that comes from.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 3:53 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
... where that comes from.

They are not canned talking points, but independent observations.

My 'friends' wife is one of those Walmart scooter stereotypes, and is friends with another one, just like her. Real no-kidding scooters. They say they like to hang around, on a crowded day, and make fun of people. A group of naked women isn't necessarily desirable and is definitely not going to be a sisterhood.

Dominance comes down to the decision to be a bully, and women make those kinds of decisions, often. Who is to say it would be pretty.

I also wanted to make a point, that it happens to better, more-deserving people.

The fact that you can see her junk is not automatic proof that she is fair, toward others, or should be respected.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 2:21 am

FMG. I don't think you know the meaning of the word respect. Your comments indicate such an attachment to conformity with the worst historical attitudes that I suspect you want everyone to take your adherence to those outdated roles and rules as respectful, and feel shocked and offended when people expect to be treated as unique individuals.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 5:40 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Nope. If people see more real people bodies, they feel less insecure about their own bodies. That's a fact.

The article related to "topless" not nude. Currently in Australia we have topless bars and strip clubs where men pay to view women with their top's off.

I'm pretty sure nearly all women will be insecure walking down a business district in a town/city with their tops off. Apart from leering men (lets face it their will be plenty) there's also the judgemental stares of other women judging what they see...fact is we don't live in giant nudist camp where everyone is tolerant and freeminded

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 6:31 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Dominance comes down to the decision to be a bully, and women make those kinds of decisions, often.

I think you may want to reconsider your friendships. The Walmart duo sound like jerks.

Anyway, just a point about dominance and bullying ... they are not the same thing and it is not necessary to be a bully to be dominant. Dominance can come about through mutual agreement and it is not permanent.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 11:49 am

Well good. No more excuses for tan-lines. No more pasties with formal gowns.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 12:18 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
My 'friends' wife is one of those Walmart scooter stereotypes, and is friends with another one, just like her. Real no-kidding scooters. They say they like to hang around, on a crowded day, and make fun of people. A group of naked women isn't necessarily desirable and is definitely not going to be a sisterhood.

jrjones9933 wrote:
FMG. I don't think you know the meaning of the word respect.

I don’t see the subtlety in anything I have written. I assume that it is blunt and disrespectful.
jrjones9933 wrote:
Your comments indicate such an attachment to conformity with the worst historical attitudes that I suspect you want everyone to take your adherence to those outdated roles and rules as respectful, and feel shocked and offended when people expect to be treated as unique individuals.

I repeatedly say that I am in favor of enlightened self-interest, particularly, that of my own self. I am enlightened, to the extent that I understand the precepts of libertarianism and anarchism, but never claim to be one, unconditionally.

cyberdad wrote:
The article related to "topless" not nude.

Flesh is revealed, ever more, not respecting the spirit of modesty. I say, allow social nudity. But, allow me the same freedom, to say, that is a naked person.

No mores, so presumably unchaste. Usually unfit and ungroomed, so, presumably, unhygeinic.

It can be like the writings of early explorers.

Did they suffer an identity crisis, from the shock of it all, or did it seem too ordinary.

androbot01 wrote:
I think you may want to reconsider your friendships. The Walmart duo sound like jerks.

Glad we’re in agreement.

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Well good. No more excuses for tan-lines. No more pasties with formal gowns.

I get that this is not intended to be fully serious, much less dissected.

But, these are examples of acceptable, social nudity.

And, even as a permissive person, you are making note of their physical flaws.

I think, these people want you to have magical feelings about naked women. But, out of the context of patriarchy, you start to get agender people and asexual people. Nudists report that, when it is so common, they are no longer sexually aroused. So, as a way to attract attention, to a political cause, it is self defeating, when the novelty is gone.

I am supposed to be a pig, and jump on everything. What if she isn’t special to me. What is the power in it.

Go ahead, but not on the furniture.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 12:49 pm

Why are Americans so terrified of a woman's chest? Not that unusual to see a topless woman at a beach in europe, it's just the human body!

Last edited by Biscuitman on 05 May 2017, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 12:59 pm

We have a stereotype, about older, European men in speedos, speaking of nudism.

I am in the arid, American Southwest, and see different amounts of nudism, at every social function.

When it is no longer an argument, it still comes across as boorish, like a body function -- for instance, picking your nose or farting.

They are not legal offenses and don't cause a riot.

If you criticize someone like that, they talk about their freedoms to do those things.