Federal Court: Women can be topless in public

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Michael829 wrote:
Why should people have to artificially, unnecessarily, make themselves uncomfortable by wearing a shirt on a hot day?

On a 100 degree day, would I wear a shirt when walking up a steep hill with heavy groceries? No. Would you, if you didn't have to?

I prefer to to not see shirtless sweaty tops of any sex

But people's faces, of both sexes, are often sweaty on a hot day too. So doesn't that mean that we should all have to wear a ski-mask, so that people won't have to see our sweaty faces?

If not, why not, if torsos should be covered?

And how far do you take it? Should women not wear shorts on a hot day?

Michael829

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:32 pm

Michael829 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Michael829 wrote:
Why should people have to artificially, unnecessarily, make themselves uncomfortable by wearing a shirt on a hot day?

On a 100 degree day, would I wear a shirt when walking up a steep hill with heavy groceries? No. Would you, if you didn't have to?

I prefer to to not see shirtless sweaty tops of any sex

But people's faces, of both sexes, are often sweaty on a hot day too. So doesn't that mean that we should all have to wear a ski-mask, so that people won't have to see our sweaty faces?

If not, why not, if torsos should be covered?

And how far do you take it? Should women not wear shorts on a hot day?

Michael829

Try wearing a ski mask in Arkansas on a 90% humidity 100 degree day and you'll see why not.Proably give you a damn heat stroke.Many people wear light colored clothing in extremely hot climates.It helps keep you from dehydrating and protects your skin.
If people want to be topless at a beach,pool,park etc...I DON'T care.Just not in the grocery store,restaurants or places like that.
Do you really want to sit on a public bus seat and stew in the sweat from another persons sweaty back??Gross,and if they didn't have shorts on,what if the previous person before you had the crabs?!
If you want 24/7 nudity I'd suggest you move to a nudist colony.Just remember to put a towel down before you sit anywhere,it's considered rude not to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:36 pm

I actually don't have an issue with the idea of public nudity, however it may be difficult to get the public to change their mindset about it. Basically in america nudity is always seen as sexual, so that would have to change to make it a possibility. I mean in europe for instance I have heard they may show a shampoo ad with a nude person taking a shower, whearas in the U.S they wouldn't be able to do a commercial like that because it would be seen as too 'sexual' and being inappropriate for minors.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:11 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I actually don't have an issue with the idea of public nudity, however it may be difficult to get the public to change their mindset about it. Basically in america nudity is always seen as sexual, so that would have to change to make it a possibility. I mean in europe for instance I have heard they may show a shampoo ad with a nude person taking a shower, whearas in the U.S they wouldn't be able to do a commercial like that because it would be seen as too 'sexual' and being inappropriate for minors.

There aren't just full on frontal displays in ads ( :lol: ) but you get nakedness on TV on adverts with the main bits ever so slightly hidden.

You guys ever heard of a telly program in the UK called Naked Attraction? It's quite a popular evening show here. It's a dating show where participants are all completely naked, the person choosing then gets to examine his or her prospective dates by just looking at their bodies with their heads covered, you get close up shots of penis and vagina while the person wanting a date is up close looking at them discussing which ones are nicest etc. :lol:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 11:20 am

Biscuitman wrote:
You guys ever heard of a telly program in the UK called Naked Attraction? It's quite a popular evening show here. It's a dating show where participants are all completely naked, the person choosing then gets to examine his or her prospective dates by just looking at their bodies with their heads covered, you get close up shots of penis and vagina while the person wanting a date is up close looking at them discussing which ones are nicest etc. :lol:

I believe you. I think I've seen stills from the show somewhere random. This does, however, kind of explode my idea of proper Englishmen and Englishwomen.