Federal Court: Women can be topless in public

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 8:51 am

http://awarenessact.com/united-states-federal-court-rules-females-are-free-to-display-their-breasts-in-public/

Now for #freethewiener ...

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:23 am

How farcical - you are free to display Except in a report that you are free to display.
:roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:26 am

We got to make a decision one way or another. This should be a local or state matter and it should be put up for areferendum. Let the voters decide if nudity is a natural thing or it will make too many uncomfortable.

It is sexual for me so I would vote that everybody should be clothed. I probably would vote for topless or nude districts

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm

On the flipside I think a lot of men should refrain taking of their shirts (or wearing lycra)

On a serious note I think a woman testing this law in a public place will still find themselves arrested for exposure. The judge clearly didn't think this one through given the media has restrictions on what children can be exposed to. What's the point of parents stopping their kids from watching adult content when the world outside of their homes looks like a version of the Playboy mansion

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 1:53 am

I think most heterosexual men get very sexually aroused by seeing fully exposed breasts. So apparently these women want to put on a show for them. But they'll probably start complaining about being leered at and go on about sexual harassment.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 5:38 am

Our culture makes it so fully exposed breasts are "sexual."

Tribes in the rain forest have people going about their business half naked, and no one gives a toss.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 6:18 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Tribes in the rain forest have people going about their business half naked, and no one gives a toss.

Well would you expose yourself?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 8:07 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Why stop there? Some tribes like the Xingu go completely nude. In others that have topless women, often their children are completely nude up to puberty. Are those the types trends we should try adopting into our industrial-techno society?

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 5:31 pm

It has been legal in Ontario, Canada for years.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 1:16 am

AnneOleson wrote:

Point is...being legal...and actually walking around half naked are two different things...

99.9% of women know that you can legally walk around in a bikini, I would wager there is nobody exercising their legal rights, not just because of the attention it would attract, but also because most women are self conscious of their own bodies...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 1:33 am

AnneOleson wrote:

And what have the results been? Any women doing it? Any problems with it?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 1:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
99.9% of women know that you can legally walk around in a bikini, I would wager there is nobody exercising their legal rights, not just because of the attention it would attract, but also because most women are self conscious of their own bodies...

My guess is the only place it would really take place is at the beach. Which is fine. I've been to a nude beach before and in that setting where even the clothed people are barely dressed, it's no big deal at all.

But if someone was walking around in a mall or grocery store in a bikini, thong, speedo I think it would seem very out of place and everyone would be gawking at them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 3:21 am

EzraS wrote:
But if someone was walking around in a mall or grocery store in a bikini, thong, speedo I think it would seem very out of place and everyone would be gawking at them.

This is exactly my point. Beach...no problems...

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:22 am

I live in Ontario and I saw a topless woman just the other day. Although it is not something I would say happens often. She was in a group of four women who seemed to form a circle as if participating in some planned activity. It wasn't really that big a deal. However, I don't feel any need to walk around without a top and I don't think men should either. Just put a tank top on for God's sake.

What I don't understand is the expectation of wearing bras when one doesn't need one. Is this because of a sexual taboo too?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 2:59 pm

We have this same, basic, social problem, at the 4th of July, County Fairs, and different, outdoor events, in the heat of summer. Firstly, the law is redundant and futile, when you already allow clothing choices, which reveal the external genitalia, in fine detail. Rude, but factual.

I am actually more of a hebephile, but most of the spring chickens will also be sloppy. If I am not attracted to you, it's like seeing the private parts on a zoo animal. I don't judge the zoo animal, for it's social nudity. It serves a legitimate, biological function. I just want no part of it. I can be passive, in respect to your body parts.

But, somewhere, it has been determined, in advance, that I have no tastes or self control. She is automatically valuable, with or without any contributions on her part, and I am supposed to lose my mind for her, on every possible occasion.

I dislike this, for the same reason I dislike some foods, musics, and colors of things, not because of the social stigma. It's like the plumber's butt, which he needs, and I don't need. We know it's down there. Does he deserve special attention for that, or would it make him seem ridiculous.

As a man, I think there is some utility in naturism, when it gets especially hot. I doesn't take long, before I remember the protective function of clothes, thankfully, with my pants on. Does she actually have do anything constructive, like chores, and can she do them comfortably, in the nude.

Or, does she just want you to look at her, all of her mileage, and water under the bridge.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:00 pm

I also think bans on public nudity violate separation of church and state.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!