Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

topoisomerase6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2017, 12:53 pm

Hi, this is my first legit post on WP. Please bear with me here.

I’m in 11th grade, and currently taking AP Biology. I absolutely love biology, it’s pretty much a special interest to me now. I passed normal biology in my freshman year with flying colors, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I love AP biology and my teacher, the class is very interesting to me, but my problem is is that I’ve been borderline failing it for pretty much the entire year. I study the heck out of that class, easily going until 11:00 at night studying, I listen, take notes, etc., everything I should be doing to get a decent grade. No matter how much I prepare, I still get 30% on quizzes and 40% on 50-question tests. It’s ridiculous, we’re covering some pretty basic stuff and ideas and yet I’m still dragging on the failing end. The only portion of my grade keeping me out of a flat F is my participation grade.

What on earth am I doing wrong?? It’s really frustrating me, and I’m really worried because I have my exam coming up soon. I have Asperger’s and depression, if that has anything to do with it, and it has really ground on my self esteem. I love that class and I’m friggin’ failing it! It’s even made me not look forward to it; I feel like a complete failure. What do I do, what can I do? Please help me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:42 pm

topoisomerase6 wrote:
Hi, this is my first legit post on WP. Please bear with me here.

I’m in 11th grade, and currently taking AP Biology. I absolutely love biology, it’s pretty much a special interest to me now. I passed normal biology in my freshman year with flying colors, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I love AP biology and my teacher, the class is very interesting to me, but my problem is is that I’ve been borderline failing it for pretty much the entire year. I study the heck out of that class, easily going until 11:00 at night studying, I listen, take notes, etc., everything I should be doing to get a decent grade. No matter how much I prepare, I still get 30% on quizzes and 40% on 50-question tests. It’s ridiculous, we’re covering some pretty basic stuff and ideas and yet I’m still dragging on the failing end. The only portion of my grade keeping me out of a flat F is my participation grade.

What on earth am I doing wrong?? It’s really frustrating me, and I’m really worried because I have my exam coming up soon. I have Asperger’s and depression, if that has anything to do with it, and it has really ground on my self esteem. I love that class and I’m friggin’ failing it! It’s even made me not look forward to it; I feel like a complete failure. What do I do, what can I do? Please help me.

Well, what are you doing wrong?

How are other people in the class doing? Is the instructor not preparing people well enough? Does the instructor make it clear what topics are going to be on the tests and quizzes? Do you quiz yourself on those topics before the test and quizzes, or do you just read the book? Do you do the homework? Do you check your answers? Is the homework relevant to the tests and quizzes?