Survey Of Autistic Parents -First Ever!- (Approved By Alex)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AsIndsigt
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm

Hi Wrongplanet, fellow autistic people.

I write this with the explicit permission of Alex Plank.

There are white spots on the map autistic peoples lives. Things that are unresearched and unknown. Most of these pertain to adulthood, since its the least researched period of our lives.

Parenthood is one of those things. That is why, as an autism consultant, and autistic parent myself, I have made this survey. The results will be presented at a national autism conference.

Taking the survery will take about 5 minutes. Its 30 questions total.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FelixMunch

(To clarify: This is for Autistic people, who are parents themselves!)

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 2:58 pm

While I am not a parent, I would love to see the results of the survey. Seeing more perspectives from autistic parents will determine if I ultimately decide to have kids in the future or not.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:10 am

Crossposting is against the rules (read them please) so your duplicate thread on this topic has been removed from the general forum.

Can you confirm the authorisation from Alex please, when and how you received this.

AsIndsigt

06 May 2017, 10:39 am

@B19: April 19th, via our facebook chat.

@Einfari: The preliminary results are in, im currently figuring out a format that allows me to not write a long article in English and post it here, but the main points certainly will be shared with you guys right here.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 7:27 am

funny :skull: how parenting has changed,

other parents was a bit hard, medical profesionals too, they're always afraid of over-development it seems

when the oldest went to school it was time to move elsewhere, + i had attracted some violence from the surroundings,

scale up the neighborhood and a parents-association-based school in that street ! ! very good indeed ! !