Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2017, 9:02 am

Interesting. Seems my suspicions about ASD may be incorrect. My psychiatrist recently hinted more towards emotionally unstable personality disorder (borderline)...

things are starting to make sense.

Anyone had experience of this?

reyisautistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Apr 2017, 8:34 pm

I was diagnosed with ASD as a kid. I have never been diagnosed with BPD, but have strongly suspected it for years.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them! :)

infj / scorpio

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

I have both ASD and BPD. The psychiatrist I saw who diagnosed me with BPD back in 2010 also agreed that I had Asperger's but she wasn't able to provide me with an official diagnosis of Asperger's back then nor did she ever send me to get assessed at the time which I resent.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Apr 2017, 11:28 pm

I was diagnosed with borderline & ASD when I started seeing a psychiatrist but like Noca mine wasn't qualified to give an official diagnoses but she did refer me for testing after I inquired about it(long story there). I think I got the BPD diagnoses because I was going through a psychotic depression & had a mental breakdown over my 1st relationship ending; it was caused by my anxiety & OCD. I don't think I would get the BPD diagnoses now thou. I learned & grew alot in those 14 years & I'm on anxiety & OCD medication so those things won't screw up my current relationship.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2017, 11:05 am

thanks guys. It's a nightmare at the moment. Got so many different thoughts about my own mental health and it would be helpful if someone would just say what the hell is wrong. I've suspected ASD for years but the assessor said 'no' after completing the ADOS test (which I still question the result of).

Now my report says

F42.0 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
F33.2 Major depressive disorder, recurrent severe without psychotic features

Keeps changing....

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 9:34 pm

the department of rehab made me take a multiple choice test. about 6 pages. similar to Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. but not MMPI. the dept of rehab gave me 6 out of 10 personality disorder diagnoses.

borderline personality disorder was not one of them

however, that was nearly 10 years ago. symptoms could have changed.

likewise, the psychologist that administered the test did nothing except distribute the tests and collect them. the psychologist did not interact with the clients on a one on one basis. or any other basis.

thus, paranoid maybe i fulfill the standards for other personality disorders. or mental illnesses. that nobody bothered to look for.

but whatever.

what if i do fulfill the diagnostic threshold for Borderline Personality Disorder. then what? read a book about it?