Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 1:47 am

Trump is trying to say that WikiLeaks is like a hostile intelligence services, because they publish documents they are given. Note, they don't actually go in and steal the stuff themselves, rather they just publish it. If this prosecution succeeds, it could have a chilling effect on free press, because this could be applied to any source for the media.

Obama is not at all innocent here, and in fact Cenk notes that Obama's administration arrested more journalists than all the previous President's combined. In 2011, in a court filing, a Fox News reporter was named as an "abetter" and "co-conspirator". Obama set a very bad precedent.

Trump took advantage of WikiLeaks during the election, as they published documents against his opponent Hillary Clinton. Trump encouraged them repeatedly, saying "I love WikiLeaks!" Now, he's saying he's never heard of WikiLeaks! I guess WikiLeaks has outlived their usefulness to Donald Trump.

We need to fight to stop the loss of the free press!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:15 am

beneficii wrote:
Trump is trying to say that WikiLeaks is like a hostile intelligence services, because they publish documents they are given. Note, they don't actually go in and steal the stuff themselves, rather they just publish it. If this prosecution succeeds, it could have a chilling effect on free press, because this could be applied to any source for the media.

Obama is not at all innocent here, and in fact Cenk notes that Obama's administration arrested more journalists than all the previous President's combined. In 2011, in a court filing, a Fox News reporter was named as an "abetter" and "co-conspirator". Obama set a very bad precedent.

Trump took advantage of WikiLeaks during the election, as they published documents against his opponent Hillary Clinton. Trump encouraged them repeatedly, saying "I love WikiLeaks!" Now, he's saying he's never heard of WikiLeaks! I guess WikiLeaks has outlived their usefulness to Donald Trump.

We need to fight to stop the loss of the free press!

Wasn't wikileaks the source he used to run a smear campaign against Hillary Clinton? perhaps hes worried the Democrats will return the favor perhaps?

breathtaking lack of integrity!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Apr 2017, 7:04 am

Military and the "intelligence community" are forcing this, they consider themselves at war with Assange.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:09 pm

So, in criminal lore, snitches, drug runners, assassins, terrorists, etc, etc, ad nauseum -- all get railroaded by their own employers.

In the 'drills-gone-live' narrative, the crisis actor, playing the bad guy, is oftentimes attributed to have said that something went wrong or there must be some mistake, when he is literally treated like a villain.

Either, these people are magical, or they are able to obtain logistical support through mundane means.

Since these people have personality cults, most would say magical.

Have you read the stuff. It's mainly filler material. Naughty things the drone pilot says, with his finger on the button, or the personal foibles of foreign dignitaries. Does that have any strategic value, or make you lose any more confidence, if you're already reading it. I just don't feel radicalized by it, personally.