Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Deathbox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

Nobody I know is an exclusive PC gamer; in fact, everyone seems to be absorbed in consoles still, and it drives me crazy (if you couldn't guess, I'll never own a console).

I have a super low-end PC, over a thousand games, and no friends on Steam. Is anybody up for some low-spec gaming? :D

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 3:59 pm

I'm on Steam under the same username I use on here, mr_bigmouth_502. Feel free to send me a friend request, though I'm not always logged in, and I usually only play games that run under Linux.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 8:09 am

I'm on Steam, same name and profile pic as here.

I'm always up for chatting, though I dont do multiplayer games much. The communities for them are just too toxic these days, a bit beyond my tolerance level.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2017, 4:13 pm

Deathbox wrote:
Nobody I know is an exclusive PC gamer; in fact, everyone seems to be absorbed in consoles still, and it drives me crazy (if you couldn't guess, I'll never own a console).

I have a super low-end PC, over a thousand games, and no friends on Steam. Is anybody up for some low-spec gaming? :D

I've actually been a PC exclusive gamer ever since last year to the expense of my console peasant friends! My username on Steam is jacobcarden814 (you can tell its an old account because apparently back then I was so crap at naming things I just put my irl name in there!). I don't really play any multiplayer at all though, since my introversion and un-competitiveness has made me not adapt well to it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 11:03 am

I go by Convenient Spider. I share the profile with my brother who makes our avatar pics. Look for a picture of Deadpool with a bucket on his head, giving a thumbs up, and Vin Diesel poking out behind his shoulder. I usually do Single Player games while my brother does Multiplayer. I'll do multiplayer too, but only for games that have online co-op campaigns.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nuutism
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2017, 6:28 pm

I'm a PC game..
I mean, i'm a PC gamer to the core! :) I had a console once, it was Sega Master System II. Then at around -96 i bought my first PC and never looked back.

My Steam Handle is Nuutia.

I share the same frustration on joining gaming communities. Too much requirements in being envolved, having to voicechat, having to be social.. I like to play with people, like i want to be in the same apartment with people. But i haven't got the energy to communicate all the time. People rarely get that. So i have real trouble to find people to play with.

My PC is my baby, my summer cottage and the heart of my home. I like to tweak with it, i can spend hours and days fiddling with game settings! :D I'll send you invites today and i'll add to the note, that i'm from WrongPlanet.

Hope to game with you guys and at a pace everyone feels comfortable :)

EDIT: Couldn't send a message with the invite and didn't find you all.. :(

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2017, 8:36 pm

My steam user name is- digifreak99

I have a crappy pc myself but we could always play together, do you play league of legends by any chance?

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2017, 9:29 pm

you can find my profile here-> http://steamcommunity.com/id/yosshi3/

would love to get more friends, also Ive been meaning to get back into terraria (I haven't played for years so alot of updates I haven't exp yet) also maybe Minecraft too, anyone know some aspie friendly minecraft servers? any official aspie ones too? :)

cheers

Nuutism
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2017, 1:42 am

fakkau89 wrote:

would love to get more friends, also Ive been meaning to get back into terraria (I haven't played for years so alot of updates I haven't exp yet) also maybe Minecraft too, anyone know some aspie friendly minecraft servers? any official aspie ones too? :)

cheers

Can't say i'd know of any Aspie Minecraft Server, but if anyone has the server space, i am willing to help to set it up!
I have some knowledge with Spigot and Bukkit servers. Haven't done any mods myself, but i've set up around 5 so far, with very basic setups and even some with minor NPC's and Quests too. So gimme a yell if you need some help with them :)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 2:28 am

fakkau89 wrote:

cheers

I'd definitely go for that, I freaking love Minecraft. Easily my favorite game. I've never seen such a server anywhere though.

And if you havent played Terraria for years, well.... hoboy, you sure are going to find yourself just drowning in new content. That developer, they never do a major update that doesnt involve adding like 10 quazillion things. There are SO many items now. So many. Thousands. The game's wiki says there are 3646 items. The only issue is that a gigantic number of those are in the PC version only. 1697 of them, PC only, dont show up in consoles. The full 1.3 update for the console versions is taking it's sweet time. Not that I personally care, I play it on PC. But still, kinda sucks for console players. What makes these numbers more amazing though is that these items arent just super simple things like weapons that just have different stats and a different sprite, loads of them have unique special effects. It's very impressive how much work has gone into this game. And that's just the items. There's also 29 bosses now and 348 enemy types. I dont know how they manage to put out that level of content.

I strongly suggest keeping the game's wiki page on hand, when you're diving back into it. Particularly when you're ready to go after the game's bosses (and there's a ton of them now). One big tip, be extra prepared for the point when you fight the Wall of Flesh. The world changes alot the moment it's defeated. New biomes spring up, new enemies appear everywhere, new ore shows up, and new ways for the landscape to get corrupted also show up. And the game does have a proper final boss now, but it's a bloody complicated process to get there.

There's also Expert mode if you're up for a major challenge. Lots of content that only shows up in that mode, but the difficulty is dramatically higher.

Sure is different from how it used to be. I remember when I first got the game, I went through it's content pretty fast... it was pretty limited in it's earliest release versions. You'd go through to the point of getting into the Jungle areas, and then there just wasnt much past that. And no Plantera, either, I think the big wasp was the boss of the area if I recall. But now? I cant think of another game in this genre that has even close to the sheer amount of STUFF that's in Terraria.

Also they FINALLY have good controller support for it. I'd waited such a long time for that... they pulled it off well.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting about it now.

Nuutism
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2017, 5:51 am

Anyone know if WrongPlanet has some extra server space? Is Alex the only moderator here? Hmm.. Minecraft servers don't cost more than around 4€ if i remember. I bet it's not much more for Terraria. I wish i had my Server PC, i would host those for us! :D

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2017, 12:13 am

My steam user is the same as here. I actually use to play both Minecraft and Terraria as they were awesome games and would love to play these games with others. I'm actually pretty good at installing and configuring both Minecraft and Terraria mods.