Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 3:32 pm

I made a doctor appointment, but I have to wait until Monday before I can see my doctor about this.

I am feeling a catatonic state of depression currently. I am doing my best to get through my daily life at my job, but it seems like my best efforts are just not good enough currently. I am not feeling like harming myself or anybody else, but I am feeling an overwhelming sense of futility and a feeling like just getting out of bed in the morning is a major accomplishment, let alone going to work and trying to get stuff done there.

So, how can I keep this from getting worse until Monday morning? How can I keep myself safe and relatively sane until I can speak with my regular psychiatrist?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 5:22 pm

Set an alarm for like 9am at least and put it on the otherside of the bedroom. Turn on the lights and opening your bedroom blinds in the morning to let the sun in can help motivate you to get up.

Force yourself to have a shower (preferably cold if you can tolerate it) and get dressed even if you have no where to go. Cold showers can be an effective drug free immediate temporary relief of depression.

When it is time for bed, take a couple over the counter benadryl to put you to sleep. Nighttime is the worst for major depressjon because you are completely left alone to your own thoughts and they just tend to ruminate as you lay in bed depressed as hell. Taking just enough sleeping pills to sleep can help you if you are feeling suicidal so you dont have to struggle with the thoughts.

In the day time, occupy yourself with either exercise, even a walk to some place where there isn't a lot of people (i hate being around ppl when im seriously depressed), or watching comedies or anything that keeps you occupied.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:45 pm

I made a doctor appointment, but I have to wait until Monday before I can see my doctor about this.

I am feeling a catatonic state of depression currently. I am doing my best to get through my daily life at my job, but it seems like my best efforts are just not good enough currently. I am not feeling like harming myself or anybody else, but I am feeling an overwhelming sense of futility and a feeling like just getting out of bed in the morning is a major accomplishment, let alone going to work and trying to get stuff done there.

So, how can I keep this from getting worse until Monday morning? How can I keep myself safe and relatively sane until I can speak with my regular psychiatrist?

go to bed earlier.

get a support group

see if doctor will prescribe meds

eat better

drink water

meditation

relaxation

"I am feeling an overwhelming sense of futility". maybe it is futile.