Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

TxnMom wrote:
My son is 9 years old and HFASD. And he MAY just be the pickiest eater in the world.

He is now 4'8 and 60lbs. But he has been 60lbs for the past year! He takes ADHD medication and a vitamin daily.

ADHD is a "fake" disorder. Please do your 9 yo. son a favour and get him OFF of this horrid medication. It's been admitted several times now that the Dr.'s who "invented" ADHD as a diag. in the DSM were influenced by BIG PHARMA co.s to sell more Drugs.

I'm guessing you can't relate to what being a Boy is. Perhaps you just had Girl siblings while you were growing up.

Last edited by LilZebra on 04 Sep 2017, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 3:23 pm

LilZebra wrote:
TxnMom wrote:
My son is 9 years old and HFASD. And he MAY just be the pickiest eater in the world.

He is now 4'8 and 60lbs. But he has been 60lbs for the past year! He takes ADHD medication and a vitamin daily.

ADHD is a "fake" disorder. Please do your 9 yo. son a favour and get him OFF of this horrid medication. It's been admitted several times now that the Dr.'s who "invented" ADHD as a diag. in the DSM were influenced by BIG PHARMA co.s to sell more Drugs.

I'm guessing you can't relate to what being a Boy is. Perhaps you just had Girl siblings while you were growing up.

Umm, no, it is not fake. Some people with it need meds; some don't, but it is not fake.

This is a really terrible falsehood to spread because people with ADHD are often assumed to have faulty character or some other BS -- and it is hard enough as it is to get accommodations for it and have people take it seriously as it is.

My husband has undiagonosed ADHD, and his Dad is sure they beat it out of him. (Nope-he just tried to hide it) He has never been medicated for it, or helped for it in any way, and has had to come up with coping mechanisms on his own. My son has ADHD tendencies although his diagnosis is HFA AU, and he is scaffolded but not medicated.

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2017, 3:44 pm

^^^
"TxnMom" says that she is a single-mom.

I got called away for a few mins., talking with my Bi-Polar 2 housemate, so I didn't get the chance to reply properly.

It's more possible that this 9 yo. Boy is Bi-Polar 1 or Bi-Polar 2.

My housemate is a "2". He does not eat very well. Of course one reason my 65 yo. housemate doesn't eat is because he needs dentures because his natural teeth are slowly but surely rotting out.

This housemate of mine will buy a bag of Blueberries, let them sit in the freezer for several weeks, but won't eat any. He did this last Winter. I started to eat these because they would have gotten freezer burn after a while.

More recently he bought me some groceries...Bought each of us a bottle of Veggie juice...I drank most of mine...He's barely touched his.

Housemate Jim prefers to drink Boost and Wagon Wheel cookies instead of a good meal, although he will eat tv dinners and most of a frozen pizza.

He goes "hypomanic" and has this "grandiose" scheme of "saving the world" so we Humans won't have to pay $ for stuff we need.

He smokes at least once an hour, but when he's "hypomanic" Jim will smoke as often as every 20 to 40 mins.

Original poster says she is a "single-mom"...Wondering whether 9 yo. son is experiencing traumatic situations due to divorce/separation...lack of a father/Dad in his life...He could be not eating because of these problems not because he doesn't like these foods but because of Depression becaue he has no Dad...and his Mommie, who cannot handle a Boy's energy, sent him to a shrink to get him on ADHD drugs.

Did you know that...80% of Bi-Polars smoke? TxnMom, you should..in the future...monitor him if he does start to smoke, if he hasn't already. Perhaps you should get him diag. with that instead of FAKE ADHD.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 10:02 am

Texan mom

Grateful I am just a stranger on the internet. I am not a medical doctor. Nor do I play one on television.

And I am not a nutritionist, a parent, or a psychic

But seriously, in my stupid uneducated opinion, :heart: maybe you are overreacting

Look up

Selective Eating Disorder.

Take your son to a psychologist and medical doctor and discuss SED

:D

Look up "Georgi Readman". The article says she ate nothing but Ramen noodles from age 5 to 18 and she is 5'3 and 98 pound.

Thus far, medically, she sounds like she hasn't had too many problems. (If she did the article would have mentioned it)

Look up president Trump's diet. Seventy years old and still fit to serve as President of the united States

Something like that

More or less

:mrgreen:

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

I think lay off him for a while. For his height that does seem on the lower side for weight, but maybe that's just how it's gonna be. I mean, you've been fighting him for years now, right? Why not just relax so he can relax too? I know it's easier said than done, you just want your child to be healthy. But he will eat when he's hungry. And then maybe after a while of not harassing him to eat, something magical will happen...he will voluntarily reach over and grab and apple off the table and take a bite!

In short, resist the urge to beg and demand. Make healthy choices available.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 4:45 pm

Here's an idea:

Get rid of all the junk food in the house. Keep only healthy food.

Tell your son if he does not eat what you cook, he can cook his own dinner

Do not waste $$ on chicken nuggets or waffles

You are enabling him

:D

That way if he wants junk food he has to get it himself

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:59 pm

I did not see anything sweet on your list (unless I am misremembering) Will he only eat savory foods? The reason I ask is b/c my son is very picky (although getting better) and he loves fruits and will even eat fruit-flavored yogurt despite yogurt being in a texture category he won't normally touch. He is also in the category of kids people don't understand will literally starve rather than eat something that grosses him out.

I agree that the nagging and begging probably won't help, but I understand the impulse when you are just desperate to feed him. The problem is once power and control come into play, it makes it that much harder.

I would put out different foods you know he will eat --regardless of health content at this point, and then in separate containers maybe have new things he might want to try that you will not hassle him about. Put out small amounts of a few things, so you don't freak out about waste and so he does not get overwhelmed. These kids do not respond to "clean plate" kind of tactics, in my experience.