Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2017, 4:03 am

These spammers are really annoying. Are the mods gonna ban these guys or are they just gonna bury everybody's posts?

What are they even doing, they are advertising a fake number. Looks like a failed ddos attempt or something.

wtf

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 5:11 am

That s**t kept spamming WP a few months ago, then it stopped for a while. Now it's back again. :(

I suppose the CAPTCHA s**t will come back now too every time we make a post. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 5:24 am

Good old Babba Ji is an infamous relentless spammer who's been infesting forums for years. Getting rid of this spammer is easier said than done unfortunately. The best the mods can do in a lot of cases is clean it up.

Joe90 wrote:
That s**t kept spamming WP a few months ago, then it stopped for a while. Now it's back again. :(

I suppose the CAPTCHA s**t will come back now too every time we make a post. :roll:

Oh god no, please, anything but captcha on WP again.

--------
"ring...ring...ring...ring...ri ng...

[Hmmm. Maybe 3PM is not the best time to call the other side of the world. It's 1:30 AM there. Ooops. ]

Ji: Hello? You are calling for help from Baba Ji?

Me: Yeah. Not for me, but a couple of friend of mine are having a serious problem in their relationship.

Ji: Oh yes. Baba Ji can be helping you with any kind of love problem. I will need your credit card informations.

Me: Can you really help my friends? Can I just tell you about them and you can help?

Ji: Yes, yes. Baba Ji can be helping anyone with love problems indeed.

Me: They're in the middle of a war zone, and they come from opposite sides. Can he help with that?

Ji: Baba Ji can be helping with any type of love or money problems. Please tell me the type of credit card and the number.

Me: OK, so he can help with pixels, right?

Ji: Yes, Baba Ji can use the magic to help with any type of problem.

Me: Good. You see these two met in between battles and they fell in love with each other, but there are some problems because they come from different backgrounds. They are different races and Nona has a lot of baggage to deal with from the death of her brother.

Ji: Baba Ji can help you with carrying baggage. Do you have a Visa or Mastercard?

Me: I must tell you that Horn doesn't believe in folk magic and Nona does. Does this make any difference.

Ji: Baba Ji is real magic and it will work in all the cases. Do you have your credit card conveniently located?

Me: OK. Here's the situation. He loves her, but he does not want to admit that to her. She loves him but is too proud to say so to a Rohirrim. Do you follow?

Ji: I do not know this Rohirum. Is that a type of credit card? Baba Ji can only process the Visa or the Mastercard credit card. Can you give me the number please.

Me: Well, I was hoping to use Turbine Points because I have thousands of them to spend on this. It's really important to me because I know that Horn will die and I want them to be happy before that happens.

Ji: Oh! How do you know this. Have you consulted someone else? Have you been talking to Molvi Ji, who is a fraud and a trickster?

Me: No. I just know what I have been told by my friends. Do you accept Mithril Coins? I can buy many of them with my Turbine Points.

Ji: I do not know that Mithril Coins. I will be needing your credit card number in order to have Baba Ji help you.

Me: How about gold. I've got a lot of gold that I can spend on this.

Ji: Baba Ji cannot accept gold over the telephone. You must give me your credit card informations.

Me: Can I pay with anything else, like Morgul Crests or how about Seals. I've got a lot of Seals.

Ji: Baba Ji cannot accept live animals as payment. There were too many dead chickens.

Me: Marks and Meds then? Ooooh! Wait a sec. I know what he'd like...

Ji: Please. I will be needing your credit card information. Will you be using Mastercard or Visa for this?

Me: ...Stat Tomes. I've got a ton of them from Yule Fest and Hobbit Presents.

Ji: I do not know this yulefest. I will be needing...

Me: C'mon, everyone needs marks and meds. I can convert them to Empowermnet Scrolls if you prefer. How many...

Ji: No. No. I do not know this. I will be needing...

Me: Wildermore Tokens?

Ji: What? What are you....

Me: How about Stones of Jordan?

Ji: click

Oh well. His loss, my laugh."

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... call-today

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 6:12 am

Somebody make me a temporary mod for an hour so I can whack all the spammers

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm

I've taken steps to stop the spammers. Cross your fingers!! !