Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Seriouscirrus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Apr 2017, 6:57 am

Hello.
Yesterday, i got my diagnosis. I have autism spectrum disorder and adhd. I celebrated by going to a friend with autism and having a really good time.
Apparantly, according to my gf, I'm more open with other people with autism.

How my diagnosis came to be:
Long story.
A friend of mine saw traits in me, because She has a daughter with autism. I started reading and reading and eventually i recognized anough to start doubting to get a diagnosis, but it was really, really expensive.
After my bowel disease was diagnosed, i got a referral for an autism test and was put on a waiting list. Now 8 years after that friend saw the traits, and a lifetime of feeling different, i finally found my tribe, where i belong.

I don't know how others feel, but for me, it actually is a relief to know that i am autistic, so i know now that it is something inherent in me, and not because i don't know how to behave.

Also my first iq test i got 100 and now i might have an iq of 114 or higher, but Thanks to my concentration problems it is difficult to diagnose.

Nobody ever during my schoolyears said that i was autistic, that's why it took so long.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 7:20 am

Eight years?!? Well, the good news is if you are currently diagnosed as autistic, you always were autistic. I was diagnosed late in life after two years of guessing, but I like thinking I always was autistic. Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 4:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

I was diagnosed with ASD when I was 13.