Hello everyone, I'm new. Assessment soon ...

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm

Hi there, I'm 25 years old (female) and I have my diagnostic assessment in a few days time. I'm almost certain that I have aspergers, and it has taken me around 6/7 years (since I first thought this) to pluck up the courage to ask my doctor for a referral to a diagnosis centre. I'm sure that my on/off visits to doctor for depression/anxiety should be reviewed in terms of being symptons of my aspergers, so hoping for these kinds of answers. Any women from Scotland here been diagnosed as an adult? Wondering more about the process, I don't know what to expect when I go along in a few days. My 'autism advisor' hasn't been available to take any of my calls the past few weeks to answer my questions and concerns. I feel alone, would like this all done so that I can continue in life as best I can. Keep you all posted. Nice to meet you all.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:14 am

On me behalf, welcome to WP. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 5:02 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forum.

do you really have cats?

Seriouscirrus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2017, 8:18 am

I'm male, but only recently got myself a diagnosis as well. I think I passed through every human emotion (and I don't normally feel emotions).

I felt excited at first, then doubt started to creep in and now that I have my diagnosis, it's relief that I feel the most. Knowing what I know now.

It's fun to know that my traits are thanks to aspergers and adhd (I have a double diagnosis). Although I still wonder why nobody during my school time ever asked themselves why I acted so weird sometimes, and didn't tell me in time.

A diagnosis for you might answer many questions and call forth many, many more.

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2017, 8:54 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
On me behalf, welcome to WP. :D

Hi there, thank you very much!

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2017, 8:55 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Thanks!

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2017, 8:57 am

Richardf269 wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

do you really have cats?

Hi there, hahaha. No, I really wish though. Not too many, maybe a couple or 3 cats. My name is just because I love cats. So I'm thinking that I'm a friend to cats everywhere, I love seeing cats and there's just so many everywhere I go. I love spotting them. I don't actually own a cat though ... very strange you might think! I will one day though, my best friend has 2 cats and they're great. Thanks for your reply! :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 8:58 am

Welcome to WP and good luck on your assessment.

I like your screen name. I'm a cat lover-and had a cat named Samantha.

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2017, 9:04 am

Seriouscirrus wrote:
I'm male, but only recently got myself a diagnosis as well. I think I passed through every human emotion (and I don't normally feel emotions).

I felt excited at first, then doubt started to creep in and now that I have my diagnosis, it's relief that I feel the most. Knowing what I know now.

It's fun to know that my traits are thanks to aspergers and adhd (I have a double diagnosis). Although I still wonder why nobody during my school time ever asked themselves why I acted so weird sometimes, and didn't tell me in time.

A diagnosis for you might answer many questions and call forth many, many more.

Hey there, thanks for your reply. It seems that aspergers is both a happy/sad thing maybe? My assessment is this Friday, maybe they will tell me there and then or maybe they will ask me to come back for a follow-up appointment. I just don't know how it works. I would welcome a diagnosis for aspergers because that would be relief through confirmation but then if I don't get this diagnosis then I don't know what tbh. Thanks again for your kind reply! :)

samantha_catseverywhere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2017, 9:06 am

IstominFan wrote:

Did you really now? That's an unusual name for a cat for sure :) Normal human being, not so much :) Yes for some reason cats calm me, I like them very much. Thanks for your kind reply :)

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2017, 5:47 pm

samantha_catseverywhere wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

Did you really now? That's an unusual name for a cat for sure :) Normal human being, not so much :) Yes for some reason cats calm me, I like them very much. Thanks for your kind reply :)

I have 3 cats myself. One is 99% black. lol.