Gaming chairs, DXRacer etc. Recommendations?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 10:57 am

I started a thread about office chairs a few months ago that got some helpful replies:
viewtopic.php?t=334608

I'm not a gamer, and so didn't know about gaming chairs when I posted that thread, but gaming chairs may be the thing I'm looking for. I have to spend a lot of time working at my computer, and for the first time I'm starting to get back pain from the bad chairs I'm stuck with. When I can I try to work standing up, but that isn't always possible.

It seems like the most popular brand is DXRacer, with a wide range of models.

https://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/produc ... ng_chairs/

They are very expensive, but are actually quite a bit less than the high-end office chairs, and if they are durable and prevent injury from long-term sitting then they may be worth it.

Does anyone have a specialized gaming chair, and if so, do you like it?

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 9:42 pm

Kind of liking this version at the moment (DXRacer Iron series):

In terms of appearance, I really don't care for the ones that look like something from a spaceship. The plainer the better.

Anyone have experience with this brand or similar?

There Are Four Lights!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 8:20 am

Yes, they definitely look like seats from race cars.

I just have the same cheap office chair I've been using for years. I think we might've put extra foam in the seat, though? When I get uncomfortable, I just change positions or recline.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 5:59 am

I wonder if anyone's tried improvising their own DXRacer type chair by using parts from an office chair and an automotive bucket seat.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 4:15 pm

Wayfair has a nice selection of gaming chairs.

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2017, 5:31 am

These chairs are an overpriced novelty, don't waste your money. These are popular cause people watch Twitch and see their favorite streamers sitting in them, so they become the "cool" chair to buy. Best way to buy a chair is to go to the actual store so you can try them out to figure out what is going to be the most comfortable for you. Go to Staples you can find a better chair there for less than half the price, just make sure to read reviews before making your purchase.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 9:41 pm

I wouldn't go so far to call them overpriced novelties. Good luck finding a cheaper, similar quality chair with as much adjustability. There are plenty of brands with similar chairs, and they are all around the same price point.

Avamill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Apr 2019, 4:05 am

If you are looking for comfort while gaming or working on the computer than it is time to think about the proper chair. Sitting is not a natural body posture of the human. So, long lasting hours of sitting can become a cause of the different diseases and aches which will increase during the time. There are several types of gaming chairs that differ from each other due to their functions. So, before the buying one, you should define of what chair type you are in need.
PC gaming chair, Rocker gaming chair, Racer gaming chairs. These are the basic gaming chairs. The full descriptions of them you can find on the supergamereviews.com web-page and in this article, we will look at some other relevant parameters.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 6:26 am

If you can afford it a quality office chair is worth the investment if you spend a lot of time at home in front of a computer. Unlike many investments, the "returns" are immediate and obvious.