Trump Still Is Refusing To Recant Obama Wiretapping Claim

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 2:40 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-obama-wiretapping_us_590726fde4b05c39768097c8

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 4:20 pm

"I don't stand by anything." Trump said. That was a painful interview to watch.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 11:23 pm

And he - and his supporters - will still be saying it's true, even after all definitive proof is in that he was never wiretapped.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 8:30 am

I think his wiretap claims are as ludicrous as the as the claims he's in collusion with Russia / Putin fixed the election et al.

The problem with pointing out kooky stuff against Trump, is the equally kooky anti-Trump / Trump derangement stuff.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 8:41 am

It's all free publicity for "teflon Trump".

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 10:04 am

Will he give it a rest already? If he's going to keep this claim for 4-12 years, ignore him. It's just a bunch of old white men picking on a black man for being president and a democrat at the same time. They'll never let it go.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2017, 1:29 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Will he give it a rest already? If he's going to keep this claim for 4-12 years, ignore him. It's just a bunch of old white men picking on a black man for being president and a democrat at the same time. They'll never let it go.

IMO, the pendulum swings far more in the other direction: The Far-Left, MSM, etc., will never let their blatant whining go.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 1:33 am

AlanSmithee wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

IMO, the pendulum swings far more in the other direction: The Far-Left, MSM, etc., will never let their blatant whining go.

I see that almost every day when I open the news. One hit piece after another mainly from msnbc and cnn. Yesterday on cnn some writer was going on and on about some latest unimportant dipshit thing Trump said and he's using all these exclamation points "! !! !!". And I'm thinking, this is a professional news writer? CNN doesn't like Trump, we get it already.

And then on YouTube there's the daily Colbert, Noah, Meyers clips going on and on about Trump.

Total obsession on a daily/hourly basis.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2017, 2:46 am

Targeting Trump and his campaign for surveillance:

New York Times 19 January 2017:
Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates

Quote:
American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said.
[...]
It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.

New York Times 14 February 2017:
Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence
Quote:
Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications ...

Obama administration spreading the information on Trump and his associates;

New York Times 12 January 2017:
N.S.A. Gets More Latitude to Share Intercepted Communications
Quote:
In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.

New York Times 1 March 2017:
Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

Quote:
In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information [...] about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government [...] to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

Near as I can tell, the New York Times is supporting Trump's claim that the Obama administration was listening in to his communications and the communications of his campaign and associates.

Or do you just write off the New York Times — the paper of record — as another "fake news" outlet?