5 confessions of a female nice guy (Women only)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 4:09 pm

Any women here relate to this?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-confessions-female-nice-guy/

I don't relate to all of it.
But here's so things that I find true:

Quote:
Girls aren't supposed to pursue guys. If you succeed, it's no big deal, you're just a confident woman who knows what you want. However, if you get rejected, especially multiple times, everybody sees you as this pathetic, desperate, man-hungry dick chaser. Basically Lena Hyena from Roger Rabbit, except without the good body.

Quote:
Everybody always says that this dynamic (girls can't pursue) means that there's these hilarious misunderstandings where a girl and a guy are interested in each other but neither one is brave enough to bring it up, so they miss their opportunity. So I'd always give in eventually and make the first move to make sure it wasn't one of these little accidents. It never was.

Most of the time it was the old, "I really respect you as a friend, but I just don't feel that way" line, which I always took to mean I wasn't attractive enough, or at least I didn't fit his idea of attractive.

Yup same.

Quote:
So I settled on a worldview I held for maybe 10 years, that men are dumb and all they care about is looks, and they want stupid, boring women because smart women make them uncomfortable

I was brought up to believe this. My Mum hates how intelligent I am and told me that men only like dumb women and that no one will marry me. She's quite sexist. So it's hard to get myself to believe that it's not true when that's been brainwashed into me, even though I can see good married friends who I like and respect are not dumb b*****s. I was also brought up to be a bit entitled. My parents don't like people and wanted me to not like people either. It's a fight for me to trust and respect others when again I've been brainwashed not to.

That's enough for now. What do the women here think. This is not for the men.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 4:17 pm

I've met that kind of woman before, but I personally can't relate.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 11:15 pm

I'm so glad I'm not straight.

Certainly she had a poor, unrealistic attitude towards other people, but I'm not sure this is really the same thing as the Nice Guy phenomenon, and I'm kind of annoyed with people trying to take concepts that were intended to apply specifically to men and apply them to womyn, thereby watering down the concept. For example, I've seen people say that a womon was mansplaining.

The core problem with Nice Guys is that they feel entitled to romantic/sexual relationships with womyn. I didn't read every last word of the article, but I didn't see any evidence that the author feels entitled to men.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 1:18 am

That wasn't my point in sharing this. Cracked use inflammatory titles for clicks and comments.

My question is, does anyone relate to her experiences and

Like me do you feel ashamed of being an uppity pretentious douche when you were younger.

I could never understand why guys went for high maintenance girls when they could have fun with a cool chick like me. I actually still don't